• Michael Schumacher
    • Juan Pablo Montoya
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Ralf Schumacher
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Rubens Barrichello
    • David Coulthard
    • Too close to call!

Well only 3 more races to go ......who's gonna win ????

All very exciting !!!

I have always supported the back markers or up and coming teams (supported ferrari for years but it got boring after the second year of winnning).

Always wanted the Orange and Minardi team to do will but sadly one no longer exists and the other probably never will.

Don't like Jordan but feel sorry for them.

This year I would like the Renaut team to will. Sure its owned by a set of Surrender Monkeys but its a new and up coming team and it should all be about close competition.

Cmon you yellow and blue's!!!!!

Al :)

Originally posted by Lindseyw

Well only 3 more races to go ......who's gonna win ????

All very exciting !!!

We'll have to see how these new tyre rules affect things... I'm furious that the FIA have decided to change the way a rule is interpreted part way through a season. OK, maybe I'm a bit biased because this is going to affect Montoya's team (and he's my man!), but if the end of one of the most exciting F1 seasons for aeons is messed up by changing the interpretation of a rule, then I find that a huge disappointment. Can't they change this rule from the start of NEXT season instead? :evil:

Originally posted by Neo

I can't wait for traction control to be thrown out of the window.

I'm looking forward to traction control being scrapped too. Are they banning it from next season? And is launch control being scrapped too? Any F1 fans know the latest?

Schuey will win.

Physically, he's more android than man.

His heartbeat at rest is something like three beats a minute

He's got broad shoulders but slim legs, so he fits into the cockpit easier but has the high upper body strength required to control the car at high speeds

There we are, some interesting facts for you all ;)

Originally posted by Lou

Are they banning it from next season? And is launch control being scrapped too? Any F1 fans know the latest?

Traction contol will be banned from the start of next season..

Launch control I'm not sure about, I hope not because it's certainly helping Renault..

There's also a rumour of automatic gears being removed once again, the FIA are wanting F1 drivers to use their skill instead of driving a car that does everything for them.

Thanks Neo. I'm certainly in favour of making the driver do more driving instead of electronic gizmos and gadgets on the cars. However, it would be a shame for Renault if launch control was scrapped given that they've got the best launch control on the grid.

Yeah, M Schumacher is definately more android than man, Abby! I'm sure I saw something about his heart rate when driving at nearly 200mph and it was still an average 70-80bpm. :o But then he's capable of getting something out of the cars that no other driver can do, probably why he's 5 times world champ!

Moved this to Sports forum for obvious reasons :)

(edited: changed sports forum to make it clearer :) )

Just took me 37 phone calls to get a hotel for next years Silverstone...... can you believe it ??? Everywhere within 15 miles is fully booked. I did eventually get somewhere though.... very glad I did it now & not wait a while.

Still have to vote for Schuey & I still think it will all go down to the last race...!!!

Blimey, 37 calls! You're persistant! :D Do you go every year Lindsey? I've never been to a race but I've been to watch the testing at Silverstone (cos it's free!). We stay in a B&B nearby. I can't remember the name, er... Silverthorpe? I can't believe how difficult it is to get somewhere to stay already for next year. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get to go to a GP!

Well we had already bought the tickets for the 3 days and forgot about a hotel !!! Can't go on the thursday anymore which is a big shame...no don't go every year but with I could !

I'm gutted. :cry: My man Montoya is out of the running... I'm switching allegiance to Kimi now! Although it's a heck of a long shot for Kimi to win now...