• Michael Schumacher
    • Juan Pablo Montoya
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Ralf Schumacher
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Rubens Barrichello
    • David Coulthard
    • Too close to call!

Who's going to win this year's F1 championship? (OK, I've just seen a voting poll on the F1 website but I want my own!).

As a devout Schuey / Ferrari fan I have to say MS - although I also have to say if he does then it will be by the skin of his teeth -look how close the championship is already ! I believe/hope it will all go down to Suzuka and be won on the last race.... like the old days !! Party on if it does - my house 4am for pre race drinks !!!

Looking at the performance in Hungary and the swift roasting the team got from Luca de Montezemolo they need to do something sharpish !!

I voted Montoya (as a Montoya fan!) but I think it'll be damn close. MS's superior experience might give him the edge to nick it though... I think the last few races favour the Michelin cars though don't they? Which is good for Montoya ;)

I hope it does go down to the last race too! It's definately been an exciting season. And on a side note: how fantastic is Alonso?! He's well impressed me.

Lou Said: And on a side note: how fantastic is Alonso?! He's well impressed me.

HELL YEAH !! What talent !! I said all this right at the start - he'll go a long way that guyy and only 22 !!! I'll be willing to say that he will definately be a future W/C !

I have to agree with the tyres though - although there is the hoo-har about the Mich teams boycotting the races !! Rubbish with the W/C this close they can't afford to - all because the regulators are going to be checking tyres AFTER the race from now on and Slicks are illegal - guess who's tyres are a much softer compound and go down to Slicks....not Bridgestone. So if the FIA bring that rule in it should be interesting to see what Michelin do don't you think.

Montoya - again such talent - a very very good driver, again a future W/C I reckon - bloody hell you got me started on something here didn't you ???

Originally posted by Lindseyw

I have to agree with the tyres though - although there is the hoo-har about the Mich teams boycotting the races !! Rubbish with the W/C this close they can't afford to - all because the regulators are going to be checking tyres AFTER the race from now on and Slicks are illegal - guess who's tyres are a much softer compound and go down to Slicks....not Bridgestone. So if the FIA bring that rule in it should be interesting to see what Michelin do don't you think.

Blimey, I hadn't heard about this. That could well stuff the Michelins! Damn!

And I agree that Alonso is definately a future world champ. How relaxed was he on pole before the Hungarian GP?! Amazing.

Originally posted by Classic Rock

MS always wins. Every time.

INDEED !!!!!

Anymore votes?! :D

I voted for Montoya..

I believe he has the talent and determination to beat Schumacher. We've seen how gritty he is earlier on in the season, and a couple of moves that he's pulled when races are started again after the pace car and such..

The rule changes they made have certainly given us an exciting season this year. I can't wait for traction control to be thrown out of the window. I agree that Alonso has quite some talent, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Ferrari in the next few years.

Originally posted by Lindseyw

Nope cos it's Sheffield Sport - not sporting chat :)

I did debate putting it in the Sport one, but this thread isn't specifically related to Sheffield sport... :)