Direct Kitchens - Any Feedback??

Hi All,

I've got a decent quote off direct kitchens - they have a few show rooms in Sheffield & Surrounding area. (Chapletown, Hillsborough, Worsborough, Parkgate Rotherham.)

Has any one had a kitchen done by them?

If so could you please provide feedback??

Thanks

have a look online and see who they belong to

if they have a sister company that's doing double glazing, ring them up and state you want 60% off or you're not interested - they can afford to take that price hit and still make a profit :thumbsup:

I know the owner of Direct Kitchens, they're a small family run business (ie don't do double glazing on the side!) and they pretty much give you a fair quote to begin with. I've seen the quality of work and I think that it's to a high standard. I know a few people who have used them (independant of me) and they've all been happy.

However, I think you'd get mixed reviews of any company on an intrernet forum, everyone is going to have had good and bad experiences regardless of who they've used. I think you should get 3 quotes and work out who you're happiest with yourself.

Hi All I've had several quotes from a few companies.

I realise they are a small family business .

Just wondered if anyone had used them & what the work was like.

My neighbour had his kitchen done by them.

After seeing the finished work, I was impressed and would happily recommend them.

Be wary of recommendations from people with one post! Having said that I know nothing of Direct Kitchens

Hi All I've had several quotes from a few companies.

I realise they are a small family business .

Just wondered if anyone had used them & what the work was like.

Sorry, wasn't trying to teach you to suck eggs there! My reply about being a small family buisness was more in relation to Strix's comment about sister companies etc.

Good luck with whichever way you go. :)

Be wary of recommendations from people with one post! Having said that I know nothing of Direct Kitchens

I agree with your point there, although we all have to start somewhere!

I used to work selling kitchens for one of the big DIY retailers and I assure you there is a difference between the quality the smaller independant retailers such as Direct Kitchens offer and the big retailers.

Saying that I haven't had one fitted by Direct so I can't comment on price but the finished product I saw looked good to me.

Plus its always nicer to support your local small business :)

Plus its always nicer to support your local small business :)

especially in economic times like these!!

Any further feedback appreciated

Thanks all!

you will get a better quality kitchen from a small firm , however a kitchen is only as good as the fitter and the preperation you are willing to do. A lot of people will spend 4/5000 on a kitchen but wont spend 3/400 to get it plastered first .

We had our kitchen done by them 2 years ago. Good company, work to a decent standard. They even supplied appliances, range cooker,fridge and dishwasher at genuinely less than internet prices. I would happily use them again.