`Angin` Wid "Da Crew!"

I just got home from taking my five year old daughter to school.

As we left the house, her 13 year old cousin and a bunch of his buddies were passing all on their way to the secondary school and my daughter ran up to him and gave him a kiss and .....and the blush on his face as his "Crew", a load of lads from the ages of twelve to about sixteen all looked at him was a lovely sight!

Anyway, We all walked to school together, my daughter holding her cousins hand, me following the group with a predatory glare on my fizzog, waiting for them to swear or start trouble or do any of the million things that we old farts expect the "Bloody youth of today" to get up to- things we would NEVER have thought of doing ourselves when we were young, honest!

As we all strolled along the road, I listened to their conversation, and they were talking about Guns N Roses and other bands and some of the things they got up to at the weekend, and one of them, a tall lad who looked as if god had blessed him with an Adams apple you could hide a cat under said in a very posh voice `And I TEWTALLY told him where he could get orf!"

It occurred to me that these kids, who to me have a very posh accent werent very good young thugs at all, and all the kids in this area arent very good at it either. Oh they wear the hoodies and the £9000.000 trainers and the "Bling," they talk the talk (In a posh accent) and walk the walk and look around with mean looks on their faces, but the adults of the area dont look at them with suspicion or cross the road when they see them coming along the street.

Why?

Because we all know each other, thats why. We all know that if one of these young hooligans so much as gobs on the floor, all we need to do is go to his house and have a coffee with his mummy or daddy and have a little chat to them and then its all up for the thug! He`ll be grounded, but first he`ll be marched to the house of the people he`s offended and made to apologise.

Its something thats so easy for the "Victim" to abuse too, for instance, a few years ago I caught a young turd lobbing stones into my garden pond to break the ice that was on it, I yelled at him and he ran off- this was a lad of sixteen- and I knew I didnt have to chase him, because I know his mummy and daddy.

The OH mentioned it to mummy the next day and Id added information that the young hooligan had killed all twelve of my fish and holed the pond...

heh.

No damage at all was done, but this little turd was in my garden without my permission so I wanted him to sweat.

Any road up, his mummy frog marched him to my house and made him apologise as I stood grinning at him.

He was grounded for two weeks for that....

Ok... Ok Ive forgotten what my point was now.... something about small areas being less personal than big ones or...the youth of today not being as bad as we like to make it out to be or.... the youth of today not being as bad as we were when we were the youth of yesterday and they wouldnt last more than about 15 minutes on a large housing estate in the 70s... Something along those lines...

Anyway, senility.

Can fat blokes in their 40s get it half way through typing a thread for a forum?

DIS-BLOODY-WELL-CUSS!

I liked that post (op). I think the vast majority of kids are very good kids...even the bad one's. It's when in a group they seem to go pear shaped. I don't think they have the skills as a group to self govern/discipline.

Gangs are not a new phenomenon...we've all been in a gang when we were younger. The difference now is that when I was younger we made up our OWN activities whereas now activities seem to be replicated by the present day crap they ingest. Guns/knives/bitches/hoes...blah blah! I also think we as adults condemn from the perspective of looking in without trying to look out from an adolescent point of view....after all we are more qualified. I just think as adults we've forgot what it's like to be a child.

great post jabber :hihi: you should write a novel you'd make a mint :thumbsup:

I always laugh at the Royle family episode where Anthonys mate answers his mobile fone acting dead "street"

"wassup"

"safe"

"sorted"

"laters"

Anthony.........................Your mum?

Mate........yep.