Annoying article in todays Mirror

In todays Daily Mirror there is a feature about how the chancellors mini budget affects different people such as low earner, unemployed, penisoner etc. The unemployed people really annoyed me because it said that the bloke can't work due to having a personality disorder but this disorder has never stopped him from getting married and fathering 3 children. They get more in benefits a week than I get working full time and they get their rent and council tax paid. If the bloke is capable of having a relationship and having kids then he could get a job.

In todays Daily Mirror there is a feature about how the chancellors mini budget affects different people such as low earner, unemployed, penisoner etc. The unemployed people really annoyed me because it said that the bloke can't work due to having a personality disorder but this disorder has never stopped him from getting married and fathering 3 children. They get more in benefits a week than I get working full time and they get their rent and council tax paid. If the bloke is capable of having a relationship and having kids then he could get a job.

a personality disorder doesnt stop a person from producing children how you can compare that to been able to work is laughable:)

Plain ignorance. The doctors are not idiots, they are right to judge if somebody is honestly fit to work or not. We dont know the details of his mental illness.

Thats not to say there is not others out there who are perfectly capable of working but choose to con their doctor / benefit office so they dont have to. I just think you picked a bad example with the guy you mentioned with the personality disorder.

I have nothing against mental illnes I have social phobia and I am on medication but this doesn't stop me from working.

Good marshlad

But your situation is not the same situation as every other person with mental illness

If he's clever enough to hawk the newspapers and understand the budget, he's clever enough to do some kind of work. Why don't you Liberal do gooders get on the bus to The Real World and stop making excuses for this leeching scum.

If he's clever enough to hawk the newspapers and understand the budget, he's clever enough to do some kind of work. Why don't you Liberal do gooders get on the bus to The Real World and stop making excuses for this leeching scum.

i dont think you will be winning the einstein awards for a while

a personality disorder doesnt stop a person from producing children how you can compare that to been able to work is laughable:)

Many parents have a personality disorder IMO..

And those that didn't beforehand soon develop one! :D :D

Many parents have a personality disorder IMO..

And those that didn't beforehand soon develop one! :D :D

yes i know what you mean lol

Hmm, there's plenty in psychiatry who argue personality disorder is not mental illness.

I'm one of the undecided ones...

Hmm, there's plenty in psychiatry who argue personality disorder is not mental illness.

I'm one of the undecided ones...

Are you questioning the classification of mental illness or saying you're undecided if it actually exists?

I can't find any arguments against either anyway - which organisations are debating the issue?

Personality disorder covers a huge spectrum of symptoms and difficulties; as non of us have perfect personality's then it could be argued that we all have some form of personality disorder. Due to the vast range of mental and behavioural problems, means that they effect people's abilities in different ways; they will also react and cope differently depending upon the environment and situation that they are in. They may be able to cope in the comfort of their own home and environment; however, exposing them to a new environment could provoke significant stressors for them and be detrimental to their health.

Personality disorder is a form of mental illness (ICD-10, DSM-V), which encompasses behavioural, mental and physical problems. The problem with diagnosing someone with personality disorder, is that it is a label that sticks with them and can cloud people's attitudes towards them; which enforces to them their negative self esteem and inhibits their recovery. There are psychological tools used by the medical profession to help diagnose if someone is suffering from a personality disorder; unfortunately people are tarnished with the label without even having the proper tests. The road to recovery for someone having a personality disorder is a long and difficult one, which is challenging for them and the medical profession.

I earn a good wage and work hard to earn it; however, with bills and so forth, means that some people on benefits have more free expenditure than I do. I don't hold any negativity towards them, I blame the government that some of us voted in; therefore, can only blame ourselves.

I earn a good wage