Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

Some seriously great hills in Sheffield. Came down Jenkin Road the other day and it was like a rollercoaster. Lodge Lane is good fun too. Also some of the lanes around Bradfield, in particular the one from Low Bradfield to High Bradfield.

But the scariest hill I've come across, which technically just counts as Sheffield, is Pea Royd Lane, dropping down dramatically over the A616 Stocksbridge Bypass. Not even the slightest room for error on that lane!

Hagg Hill I think.:)

There's a road running through Grenoside Woods (ok a wide path) that goes up a hill that must have a 45 degree angle up to the top of the crags. I remember it from a sponsered walk when I was at school, after walking 15 miles it almost killed me to walk up that bloody hill.

:lol:

Is it wharncliffe crags? when you come out from the last bush,it just opens out to the crags and rocks on your right hand side and then moorland?

They have and on this page too but if you check previous posts the steepest is Hagg Hill based on gradients and I have driven up and down there, not for faint hearted

Driven, pah, I run up it.

Some roads can feel steeper than their gradient. Very surprised that Jenkin Road only weighs in at 10%.

Another good one is Prospect Road between Bradway and Totley.

With Sheffield being built on several hills a lot of the roads are fairly steep. Being a Sheffield Lad I have driven all over and believe that the steepest is Blake Street at Upperthorpe. Anyone any other suggestions?

I always remember Hollindale Drive at Intake being a very steep hill, although I was only a kid. Its not very long but it is very steep.

Sure this has been discussed at length before, will do a search.

Edited by stifflersmom

I'll thrown my vote for Jenkin, might not be the steepest but it sure felt like Everest when i walked up it.