Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

Vivian Road in Firth Park has to be up there.

Seriously? An elevation gain of 11m metres over a distance of 200m put's it well down the list, and there aren't any steep pitches on it so the average gradient isn't skewed.

I used to live on a road called Acton Place, its not there now but I remember going up Burnaby St then turn right which was a dead end I think then a left turn. My god it was steep and we lived at the very top house.

I used to live on a road called Acton Place, its not there now but I remember going up Burnaby St then turn right which was a dead end I think then a left turn. My god it was steep and we lived at the very top house.

Was that Grouse Street ?

Not sure pippadee, I recall the name Grouse street but not sure about where Grouse st was. I have a vision in my head of Acton Place, there were two very small cottages stood back at the top on the right. There were only 4 rooms- a cellar, a ground floor, a first floor bedroom and an attic bedroom. The kitchen was a sink unit and cooker at the top of the cellar steps and the dreaded outside loo. X

On reflection we are both right. Grouse St. was a little Cul-de-Sac, off Burnaby St, near the top - on the right going up. Acton Place another Cul-de-Sac, ran off it. I remember it quite well, very very steep and still with cobbles. Quite narrow, I recall it was easier to reverse up it than turn round.

Seriously? An elevation gain of 11m metres over a distance of 200m put's it well down the list, and there aren't any steep pitches on it so the average gradient isn't skewed.

I'm inclined to agree.

some of these hills are steeped in history.

We seem to be on a slippery slope here.

These are near enough but may not make the list ; Earldom Road and Harleston Street both Burngreave/Pitsmoor and Upwell Hill, Grimesthorpe.... Barnsley Road between Earl Marshall Road and Firvale.

Edited by stpetre
Add

But now there'll be nothing to discuss...

I'm still not convinced.

---------- Post added 25-04-2017 at 20:59 ----------

These are near enough but may not make the list ; Earldom Road and Harleston Street both Burngreave/Pitsmoor and Upwell Hill, Grimesthorpe.... Barnsley Road between Earl Marshall Road and Firvale.

and fox street bottom of rock street pitsmoor,and most of Stocksbridge.

Edited by choogling