Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

There are some crackers which spring to mind, Tipton Street (Brightside), Jaw Bone Hill, (Oughtibridge/Grenoside) and Oakland Road (Hillsborough/Malin). All are proper killers to walk up. Remember going up Jaw Bone in the 1970s in an Hillman Imp which conked out near the top.

Can't wait to see the cyclists [Tour de France ] go up Jaw Bone.:gag:

What about Hagg Hill in S6? Its not as bad as the Hagg Hill off Rivelin, but its still hard work on a bike, I've been attempting it for a while and never managed it in one try.

Dyches Lane at Malin Bridge must be a contender.

you forgot the road that is Gleadless road, leading from Newfield Green, to the top near Gleadless and where Netto used to be (now Asda) - that's steeper than Myrtle...

This one seems to have brought all the cyclists out!

As an ex-pro bike rider I used to head to West Hill at Blackburn...its a 1 in 4 at the bottom - then evens out to about a 1 in 5 for the rest of the mile long ascent!

Steep!

Surprised no-one has mentioned it...maybe because the top is in rotherham...

The bottom is in Rotherham as well. It's also not a mile long, more like 600 metres, but on a bike I bet it seems like a mile and some.

It has been proved if you check the gradients on previous posts that it's Hagg Hill - no contest

It's not the steepest, but the one that's eventually going to kill me when I walk up it every day is Conduit Road. Either it's me getting older or the road's getting steeper with every passing month!

Jenkin road is the steepest road in sheffield - fact!!

Does that little four letter word actually mean anything though? You could for example be wrong and have stated an erroneous fact...

Rivelin Street, Walkley. Google street map it, arrow to the bottom then look up it !! Has to be there or thereabouts. I had to walk (and run it if I was late home) 500+ times easy.