The Farfield Inn, how wierd is it?.....

Has anyone else noticed the Farfield Inn on Neepsend and how bizarre it seems to be? Has anyone been brave enough to venture inside?

I've been driving past it on the way to work for a few years, and the same few creaky-looking old cars are permanently parked outside, like B&B guests who never left...........(cue Twilight Zone theme tune).

Don't know why I've got such a bee in my bonnet about this place, just wondered if anyone is a regular and can put me straight, or is it really the Royston Vasey of Sheffield pubs?

Me and my sister went in there a few years back when it was called something different. It was well strange, there were a couple of regulars looking like extras from a Hammer Film, all the song on the jukebox were back to front so when you requested 110a youu got 110B and so on, we had a quick and I mean quick drink and decided to visit the loo before we left, we stumbled into complete darkness then the landlord put the lights on (the switch was behind the bar for some reason) and we were confronted by a loo seat cover painted with a huge red owl. Never been back since

whoooooo!!! I propose this place as venue for next Forum meet!!!! :clap:

The Pebley is very definetly a local pub for local people.

where is this place exactly??? I wanna go see!:D

its also used has a bed and breakfast for the homeless

Also one of the oldest buildings left in the area, gets a mention back to the 1790's,

wonder when the developers will get their hands on it,

Survived the Sheffield flood as did the Victoria and the Neepsend Tavern, bet they don't survive the planning dept.

Originally posted by jules99

its also used has a bed and breakfast for the homeless

I heard it was a B&B for the dead, or is it the un-dead...has anyone seen the big bloke that walks around in a trenchcoat, always got his head down and carries a scythe...?

Nah, me neither..:heyhey:

Just what I thought Valentine, but it's the cars outside that really fascinate me for some reason..........

Like Msbehavin , I'd love to know exactly where it is so I could visit it sometime.

There's a bit of a shortage of eccentric or bizarre pubs nowadays.

Well spotted , Olive.!

Get on number 53 bus then get off where the gasometer at Neepsend is, you cant miss it, & the Farfield is just a few yards away. I have never been in but I have heard it is a bit weird & a bit of a dump.

Oh heck, Fareast, I'm not sure I would like to be held responsible if you were to venture in here. I'm all for character pubs, but (from the outside at least) this one looks like it could be taking the concept too far!

Anyway, I don't know which part of Sheffield you live in, but if you know Penistone Road at all it's easy. If you are coming from Hillsborough towards town, you need to turn off to the left, just before you get to Mecca Bingo - it's right there in front of you on the corner.

Let me know how you get on!