16k supporters at Hillsborough 22/11/08

No, I'd actually say that you "failed hilariously". :D It was much funnier than you doing a Sunderland. Whatever comes of the Tevez affair, seeing the faces on you lot after you somehow turned virtually certain safety into a highly unlikely relegation will live in the memory for a long long time.

Our wage bill according to the accounts is actually £6.5m, but that includes all club staff as well, not just the players.

As for being a million miles ahead of us on the field, last time I looked you were actually in the same division and you've taken 1 point from the last 9 against us and even spent several weeks of the season below us. Of course you've got a better squad than us and you'll definitely finish above us, we'll all readily admit that, but it's hardly "a million miles" in front right now.

Maybe so, but it'll never better that glorious day in May 1990, Blades up Owls down... the folks on the Kop at Hillsborough in tears as we partied in Leicester in the sun... priceless :)

As for the 1 point in 9... a sign of the change of the balance of power... whereas in the early 1990s, the derby was probably United's only real chance to knock the expensively assembled Owls teams of the time off of their perch, now the derby is Wednesday's only real sign of spirit down at S6 - putting all of the effort for the season into the two games, win at home and hope for a draw at the Lane and then the rest of the season doesn't matter... :)

In time, when the power changes back (as it will at some point), then we'll probably be content with our derby doubles over you... and maybe now Wednesday seem to have stopped the cash draining away, it might not be a million miles away!

the way we are going at the minute we might be lucky to hit 15 thousand soon

I heard on Radio Sheffield this morning that Wednesday are going to be doing ticket offers at £10 for adults and also a £1 for children.

Anyone know what matches these offers will be on?

I heard on Radio Sheffield this morning that Wednesday are going to be doing ticket offers at £10 for adults and also a £1 for children.

Anyone know what matches these offers will be on?

this saturday v norwich is kids for a quid.

and there are 3 games in janurary where there are offers on . it will be on the owls website

As a life long Wednesdayite the offers are too little too late.

Unlike United who seem to have a long term strategy; for instance, a few years ago students could go to the lane for a fiver and also get a pie and a pint for and extra £2.50

What special offers has there been at Hillsborough?

The ID card debacle and then the IDs on season tickets we all know that some families share their season tickets or take it in turns due to work commitments etc.

Wednesday have taken their loyal supporters for granted for too long.

Well eventually something has to give and with the credit crunch people are not prepared to pay out hard earned money to watch *****

Wednesday have taken their loyal supporters for granted for too long.

Hit the nail on the head there Pegasus.

Some of the older Wednesdayites at work just simply don't bother going anymore. There has been no effort to reward loyalty to the club.

yea, a couple of older guys at my place didnt even want to go to the derby game after all thats happened. the club need to show the fans they actually give a damn about them, hopefully if the club pull in a big crowd for the charlton game they might look at reducing tickets next season rather than putting them up, that will be a start at least but its not going to be a quick fix getting fans back through the gates

As for being a million miles ahead of us on the field, last time I looked you were actually in the same division and you've taken 1 point from the last 9 against us and even spent several weeks of the season below us. Of course you've got a better squad than us and you'll definitely finish above us, we'll all readily admit that, but it's hardly "a million miles" in front right now.

The same thing could be said about Hull and Man United; Man United were behind Hull for a number of weeks, and at the end of the season there will only be a maximum of 19 places seperatnig them. Yet Man United are a million miles ahead of Hull.

I'm not saying the above is an exact reflection, but I am saying it is possible.