Looking for the Daughter of Joseph Rippon

Jane, I would love to get intouch if you see this message ! Please PM me or give me a call on the number I have sent you.

Thanks so much

Good Morning All

I am back on with this, I really would love it if someone could help me find Joe's daughter or family. Please do let me know if anyone can help x

Joe along with his second wife Beattie, ran the cafe and fish and chip shop on Longfield Road/Northfield Road, Crookes. They ran it from the early 60's to I think the mid 80's, when they sold the business and it became Passage to India They carried on living in the house next door.

Joe developed a rather nasty form of dementia and was put in the large nursing home (the name escapes me) on Tapton, where he died some fifteen years ago. Beattie, carried on living in the house for some years, but finally departed around five years later.

They had two sons, Barrie, who is no longer with us and Howard, who was living on the Manor the last I heard of him. I can't remember Joe mentioning a daughter, but it was a long time ago. Contacting Howard may be your best bet.

Joe along with his second wife Beattie, ran the cafe and fish and chip shop on Longfield Road/Northfield Road, Crookes. They ran it from the early 60's to I think the mid 80's, when they sold the business and it became Passage to India They carried on living in the house next door.

Joe developed a rather nasty form of dementia and was put in the large nursing home (the name escapes me) on Tapton, where he died some fifteen years ago. Beattie, carried on living in the house for some years, but finally departed around five years later.

They had two sons, Barrie, who is no longer with us and Howard, who was living on the Manor the last I heard of him. I can't remember Joe mentioning a daughter, but it was a long time ago. Contacting Howard may be your best bet.

Used to go in Rippon's regularly on a Saturday night with "the Lads" after we'd been out on the town. Used to dine in the back room. Chips, fishcake, mushy peas and gravy

If I remember right Joe had kind of a latch eye, and it was rumored he used to be a bit of a wrestler. "Mrs Rippon" use to treat us like we were her kids.

I am Howards wife Lorna x

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 02:13 ----------

Used to go in Rippon's regularly on a Saturday night with "the Lads" after we'd been out on the town. Used to dine in the back room. Chips, fishcake, mushy peas and gravy

If I remember right Joe had kind of a latch eye, and it was rumored he used to be a bit of a wrestler. "Mrs Rippon" use to treat us like we were her kids.

LOL Bea was like that, he had a glass eye from an accident when he was at school. A pencil got lodged and he lost his eye, never heard about the wrestling though.

Bear with me on this one..

There's a marriage for a Joseph Rippon in 1937 in Kettering to Jessie Milner.

There's only 1 birth registered with the surname Rippon and mother's maiden name of Milner and that is for a daughter named Patricia A Rippon born 1942 in East Retford.

The only marriage records I can find for Patricia A Rippon are all registered in Chesterfield.

Maybe they moved around a lot?

It's a possibility..

Ill look into that Sarah thanks so much x

Hi you are looking Joseph Rippon wife's maiden name Jessie Milner .Joseph daughter is Ann Rippon

The person you are looking for is me now Patricia Ann Nicholson.