Talk talk broadband.

Hi,

Can anyone out there living in the sheffield 8 / Greenhill area using the Woodseats phone exchange run a speed test on there broadband for me.

I’m interested in what speeds other people in the area are getting in particular TalkTalk users.

The reason is pipex and Bt tell me 1meg is the best to expect out of Woodseats exchange as its not geared up for faster speeds (im getting 1.1meg from pipex).

But TalkTalk tell me i should expect 5.1meg if i use them.

I've looked into this and think the reason is due to TalkTalk having there own equipment in the exchange.

This is the link to the speed tester im using

http://speedtest.pcadvisor.co.uk/

Thanks all.

I've no idea about speeds/exchanges etc. but, I do know that I'm fed up of my TalkTalk Broadband dropping out on a daily basis.

I can guarantee that my broadband drops out about 3:00 p.m. every day and doesn't fully return until many hours later.

Every Monday it goes off, sometimes the phone does too, I have TalkTalk for both telelphone & Broadband.

Some weeks it's better and it returns fully then it goes off again.

I'm end of my tether at 'phoning them to complain, on the line for hours whilst someone supposedly checks it all out. Tried a new adsl but, it still does exactly the same.

Do any other TalkTalk customers have this problem in S11.

Duffems

Hi,

Can anyone out there living in the sheffield 8 / Greenhill area using the Woodseats phone exchange run a speed test on there broadband for me.

I’m interested in what speeds other people in the area are getting in particular TalkTalk users.

The reason is pipex and Bt tell me 1meg is the best to expect out of Woodseats exchange as its not geared up for faster speeds (im getting 1.1meg from pipex).

But TalkTalk tell me i should expect 5.1meg if i use them.

I've looked into this and think the reason is due to TalkTalk having there own equipment in the exchange.

Thanks all.

i use this page just put your full postcode in and it will tell give you details on your local exchange etc

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

a lot of people complain about Talktalk but i have been with them 18 months and for the cost u cant knock it

If they take you out of the location in the exchange (LLU) then there is a possibilty your speed could be greater..HOWEVER, the line wont be as steady so you may see more frequent drops in connection. Im one of those my speed has increased since moving over to Plusnet, but as i took the FREE!! broadband service its dropped out 4 times since day 1 (which was wednesday) but i dont need it like some for work and that so im ok with it.

Also remember if you are LLU and decide you find it not worth your while BT or any supplier who runs on the BT exchange will charge you between £90-120.00 to put you back in (the cost of the engineer difers with some companies)

Hope it helps

hi my future in laws live at lowedges, they went onto talk talk about 4 weeks ago, they are now getting around 6meg, they have never had a problem with it since it went in. they have free weekend and evening calls and international calls as they have the broadband and phone package. they were previously with pipex on a 2meg circuit but 8meg was available

Thanks for the reply Debbie, i think Lowedges uses Greenhill exchange which is in Greenhill vilage, this appears to be geared up better than the Woodseats exchange.

Nice to know Talktalk is working well for him though