TCP at Crystal Peaks

i actually park at back of car park at supermarket due to the fact my 4x4 has wider doors. i dont want to hit another car or damage mine. i dont mind walking a few yards to the shop door-unlike the mother and kid brigade.

Quite a sexest remark here.....Parent and child, not just Mother and child!

I agree with the parent and toddler bays, if it can save by doors getting dinted by inconsiderate women who just whack the doors open to get there offspring into the car.

Again...quite sexest! There are inconsiderate men out there too, not just women. My husband would be quite offended by these remarks as he takes our kids out on his own, and has the same views as i do re parent and child spaces.

While we're on the subject of fathers that actually do take thier kids out, are there any dads out there that get wound up by the fact that most of the baby changing tables are in the ladies loos? I know my husband does. Again, quite sexest to presume that it is only ever the mother that would be with the kids!

I always found either a separate parent and child room or it was in the disabled toilets.

While we're on the subject of fathers that actually do take thier kids out, are there any dads out there that get wound up by the fact that most of the baby changing tables are in the ladies loos? I know my husband does. Again, quite sexest to presume that it is only ever the mother that would be with the kids!

I dont mind...one less smelly nappy for me to change :thumbsup:

I dont mind...one less smelly nappy for me to change :thumbsup:

Now now...tut tut....;)

most of these mothers are pushing their screaming little herberts in pushchairs so dont need to be given any priority spaces at all. all these mother and kid spaces should be turned into disabled spaces,. for people who really need them. its a disgrace that able bodied people get special parking spaces right next to the shop doors

Im sure your just a wind up merchant, so jusyt because a baby is crying does that mean they dont deserve the space. one of the main reasons is so you can actually unfold the pushchair. if you park in a normal space you cant get pushchair at side of car so have to put it on the road. and how many people actually need the disabled spaces? i often see these people with 'disabled' badges running into the supermarket because its raining

Going back to the OP, i was at Sainsburys earlier and there were 2 PCSO's looking around cars in the carpark.

To me, they appeared to be looking in the cars to see if anything valuable was on show then leaving a note.

Strangely though, they spent a good 10 minutes examining the number plate on a Chevrolet Matiz. What they were upto is anyones guess.

I'm not being funny but no one really needs to have their space closer...if you are disabled why do you need to be parked right outside...and then be prepared to walk approx 1/2 mile around the huge Asda at Handsworth whilst shopping

Parent and toddler spaces are wider so that you can get prams, car seats etc out without dinging the persons car next to you...

Also if I take my mum shopping, can I park in the parent and child spaces....I'm 35?

*awaits snarly replies from disabled people*

Hi guys let me clear some things up for you.

The PCSO was not issueing tickets as someone has correctly pointed out he has no legal right or duty to do so.

Only TCP can issue tickets at Crystal Peaks as they are the ones managing the car park, not Crystal Peaks itself.

The PCSO patrol the carpark to look for other offences - they will check tax discs but cannot issue as the car is not on the road but will enter the information into the national database so that ANPR cameras will pick them up on the highway.

The other thing they do is look for valuables on display in the car and attach a note, as they only have a "ticket" bag available that will stick on the windscreen that is what they use. This has the advantage of A being noticeable and B does not alert offenders to the car.

As far as parent and child space - TCP cannot enforce in Peaks as it is not a condition of the car park. This is both annoying for the attendants as for the users. Best thing to do is complain to the centre as even though they don't enforce they decide on the conditions that need enforcing.

Considering it was five months ago I'm sure we're all past caring now.

I love the way that the parents have taken their car out of a metal box that was driving at 60mph + and then complain that the spaces where traffic is crawling along isn't safe enough.

It's a bit like parents driving their kids to school because of paedos in the area.

Ask your parents.

Not that the whole 'parent parking space' is relevant to the OP, but my parents managed just fine before such spaces existed.

As to the OP, it seems highly unlikely that a PCSO was writing a ticket for what isn't a criminal offence.