Sign in to follow this  

Help needed: Free / cheap activities for kids?

Hi all,

I work for a charity in Sheffield which works with socially excluded young people. As a voluntary organisation we don't have a large budget and need your knowledge of Sheffield to help us out. Can people post if they know of any free or cheap activities or events that might appeal to kids aged 10-17 in all areas of the city it would be a massive help. Thanks in advance!

Where to start?

Sheffield Fayre - big free entry event in Norfolk Heritage Park on 13th-14th September

Sheffield Wildlife Trust hold many events/ volunteering opportunities through the year - ring 0114 2634335.

The Rangers hold many free events and activities through the year - central switchboard 0114 2500500 or even better, get your hands on their events booklets - a new one will be out soon.

Certainly in many areas community groups host computer sessions. There is also a place called AMP in town that caters for young people (sorry no other details)

If I think of more, and remember to tell you, I will:lol:

Contact leisure services at the council - loadsa stuff going on