The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

I've just seen three of those green "bright bus" things go up Stannington Road towards the village. haven't seen any come back down yet though.

has anyone called travel line?

I don't have any credit aaargh!

Is it possible they've been despatched to evacuate a school?

What're you like, sis?! I'm frankly surprised my brother even bothered with a COAT! :hihi:

Well this morning we decided to leave for work early what with the weather, left home at 7-05, arrived at weork 7-30. The roads were clear :)

Well this morning we decided to leave for work early what with the weather, left home at 7-05, arrived at weork 7-30. The roads were clear :)

I don't envy Mr Chuckles and the low-profile tyres on his motor! The ride must be awful in that in this weather!

Is it possible they've been despatched to evacuate a school?

oooh. very good thinking. there were loads of people getting off the bus...I couldn't see whether they were kids or not though (im on the 10th floor.) they're more like blobs from up here!

I've also seen a number 11 now. I think they may be on a limited service or extremely delayed. we all know what Holme Lane gets like in rush hour so god knows what it'll be like today.

Hope they're right, but can't see it, myself.

I mean, after all the warning, what have most of us got up to?

An inch? Two, perhaps?

OK, more the higher you are, but from what I've gathered form various pals, 1-2" seems the norm.

This site -

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/static/uk/3days/snow

seems to have got it right, so far.....and they're looking at a further 1-5 cms, that's all......

There is definitely now 4 - 5" in Deepcar.

its RAINING now,city center

Temperature must be rising down there then.

Bus update...

57/58s are running along bottom road and are not going on to the estates. The same is the case for the Stagecoach Supertram Link and TM Travel 201 service.

First services 81 and 82 are operating by Ringinglow Road at the moment because Greystones Rd is closed.

First services 45 and 46 are missing out Sandstone Road as this is closed.

First services in Sheffield are generally having problems on the routes that cut through estates. Sheffield Gritters are out at the moment so hopefully the situation will improve.

The Stagecoach 25 service in Sheffield is running as far as Old Mother Redcap and then turning around.

The Stagecoach 88 service in Sheffield is turning round at Chapeltown. It is not serving High Green.

Powells M92 service is having difficulties serving Harley.

Sheffield Community Transport service M17 is not serving Twentywell Lane/St Quentin Drive and is going along the main road instead.

First services in Sheffield are generally having problems on the routes that cut through estates. Sheffield Gritters are out at the moment so hopefully the situation will improve.

Stagecoach services operating out of Rawmarsh, including 224, 222, 226, 229 and 218, are all badly affected by ice and ungritted roads. Buses are getting severely delayed and stuck.

First buses 7 and 43/43A are not using West Hill or serving Blackburn.

Addison Road in Maltby is closed, which is affecting all the First services in the Maltby area.

First service 66 is diverting around the Norfolk Hill area as the road is closed.

First service 27 is affected by the fact that Mason Avenue, Aston, is closed.

In Barnsley all services are running late due to the quantity of traffic. All the main roads in Barnsley are clear and generally all areas are being served. Penistone is still suffering due to the snow but buses are running as much as they can in these places.

TM Travel 293 service is still having troubles in the Dronfield Hill Top area. At the moment the services are not serving the Hill Top area and running along Hollins Spring Avenue instead.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/News/Reported+Service+Alterations.htm

School update

Bradfield School is shutting and MASS are sending school buses now to collect students.

Stocksbridge School is closing at 11.45. School buses are on their way to collect pupils.

Maltby Comprehensive is closing. School buses on way.

Wales school is closing at 1pm. School buses on way.

Don Valley and Norcliffe in Doncaster are already shut.

Please listen to Local radio for details of services affected by snow. All main roads currently open, some untreated side roads may cause some delays.

For information on road closures please listen to your local radio station or visit BBC Travel News.

Andy C

You're doing a cracking job with those updates. Well:thumbsup: done, mate!