The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

Light blizzard here on Stradbroke - starting to settle on roof tiles, flowerbeds etc.

It WAS beginning to settle, but now it's melted. :(

Yep it stopped again haha think its just getting a practice in for when it goes dark

Still going here is Wisewood, I better go collect my daughter from her gran's (stocksbridge) while i can

It WAS beginning to settle, but now it's melted. :(

Bummer!

Settling quite fast on Stradbroke, despite the small quantities.

Tiny flakes but just starting to settle here in Meersbrook.

a light dusting here in heeley

Remaining settled on trees, lawns and garage roof in Loxley, but not on the wet paths or road. Only coming down gently now.

Thank you! It's gorgeous isn' it? Was the new swimming pool built? Evolution?

Yes the Evolution was built then, never went to the gym bit though ( too much like hard work,lol ), went in pool, sauna, steam room and the lovely little bubbly pool. I gather they have built a new shop since we were there, there was only a tiny one and it was only open about 1 hour a day.

I would love to go back again, it was february when we went before so you never know might manage to get this year, as it was a very relaxing weekend.

Have you seen this, ive not seen a forecast like that since probably the mid 90s:o

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uzeZJUsT0UU

Ah, so that would explain why it was so busy at Tesco when I was in at lunchtime, and why a lot of the shelves were pretty empty, the panic buying has started.

hiya saffy, just been on website and it looks lovely. i don't really like places when they are busy so when is your quietest time(month-wise). Do they charge for single occupancy?