The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

There was a light dusting of snow on my car this morning in Crookes.

it snowed quite heavy for about 5 minutes yesterday at Ewden Valley. It was absolutely beautiful!

Very light snow fall in Gleadless for about 15 minutes but it has stopped now and it didn't settle.

I'm a bit late on this one, but I was a bit wigged out as I drove over Manor Top at about 12:30pm on Thursday lunchtime, only to suddenly find myself in a naffing blizzard!!!!

Admittedly I'd not been aware it'd snowed a bit overnight (even though I thought the moisture patterns on my car bonnet looked a bit odd!), and I'd not checked any weather reports.

By the time I'd reached Bramall Lane it'd turned to sleet, and by Brook Hill roundabout it was brilliant sunshine again!

loved the snow this year. glad we finally had some proper stuff.

went out doing some photography in it this year I've put them in my gallery.(Under winter 2008/09)

loved the snow this year. glad we finally had some proper stuff.

went out doing some photography in it this year I've put them in my gallery.(Under winter 2008/09)

Nice pics Simon though the watermark isnt transparent enough to see how good the pictures are beneath.

thank you stumathers are there particular ones that your talking about or would you say its a general problem

Taken from the Met Office website for next week/weekend :suspect:

Quote--During the weekend, rain is expected to clear southeastwards with colder conditions following, and these chilly conditions are expected to last for the rest of this forecast period. There will be clear or sunny spells, but also wintry showers. Some of these will be heavy and prolonged and may bring significant snowfall to northern hills and a risk of temporary accumulations of snow or hail elsewhere. Some sharp frosts are likely night and morning, especially if there is snow cover.

just had a snow shower - is there more on the way?

Heard there is a dusting over the tops.

we just had a 5 min snow blizzard in city centre now the sun is shining lol