The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

I used to love snow, the field down my road used to be brilliant for sledging till they built the Trans Pennine trail through the middle of it lol.

The wheelchair is fun aswell i the snow :D

I love love love the silence of a blanket of snow, I could sit for hours listening to it.:love:

It tames everything around it, and like you I could sit all day absorbing it. ( with tin of Roses obviously)

Until those wretched yellow things come around throwing salt all over the place shattering peace and tranquility.

I used to love it in my youth, Sledging in Rivelin Park or down Fern Road (I lived in lower Walkley back then), nowadays I'm not that fussed either way to be honsst.

*** not again, I'll never get this bloody shed finished

An`t tha done it yet?

Come on lass, crack that whip(not literally cos it`ll never get done then) and get your OH to pull his finger out:hihi:

I can`t wait to go sledging!!:D

Bring on the snow...we all love it even if we dont admit it............theres so much rubbish in the world at the moment lets have some peacefull white stuff......

send in the snow 6ft deep please!!!!!!

If there's lots of it I absolutely love snow (as long as I don't have anywhere to go). If it's just a slight smattering not too bothered, I really miss the days from my youth where it was really deep.

I like looking at it, I like walking in it, I don't like it when it turns to slush or ice

I love it when it first falls and everything looks pretty.. but don't like the slush and ice afterwards

its snowing here now (well mostly little balls of ice, but its settling)

looks like the council havent grit (at least our little bit) of the main whitby to middlesbrough road??? :loopy:

Let It Snow .....let It Snow......let It Snow

According to the MET Sheffield should expect light snow early Sunday morning.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/sheffield_forecast_weather.html

Then the temperature will rise to around 6 degrees so it will quickly melt. I say get up early Sunday morning if you want to see any snow.