The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

Well one son has apparently :suspect: been told by his school if there is snow on the ground tomorrow school is closed.

The other ones school maybe closed, I have to check in the morning

My school will only close if the busses stop running :sad:

and our school is up at bents green, near ringinglow

A big thank you in advance to all the lovely postmen who manage to deliver as usual, even if it is a bit late.

ps I am waiting for a little parcel. :)

This snow isn't gong to stick around for long at lower levels and will probably be gone by lunchtime, but early morning it will be driven by winds of up to 30mph so roads at higher levels could be quickly re-covered after initial clearance, - the gritters will be fighting a losing battle.

Progress can be followed here...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Tomorrow morning could be just as bad with black ice forecast for many areas.

puts tongue in cheek

I better go and buy a sledge and some huskies then........

puts tongue in cheek

I better go and buy a sledge and some huskies then........

Or attach Tilly to a beer tray :hihi::hihi:

Or attach Tilly to a beer tray :hihi::hihi:

:hihi: sounds like a plan - oooh Mort - you've got a cat....in a hat too! :o

i typed in my postcode on bbc website and it says fog and rain but calendar says 6inch of snow????? any 1 think it will actually snow

Dont trust the bbc's official site it's garbage if you want to know what's going to happen go on forums like Net Weather UK Weatherworld or The Weather outlook.:thumbsup:

Dont trust the bbc's official site it's garbage if you want to know what's going to happen go on forums like Net Weather UK Weatherworld or The Weather outlook.:thumbsup:
Im a member on net weather and two.The snow will be soon gone thursday and then cool and breezy for a few days.Looking like more cold weather next week and maybe staying that way for a good while.:thumbsup:

Im a member on net weather and two.The snow will be soon gone thursday and then cool and breezy for a few days.Looking like more cold weather next week and maybe staying that way for a good while.:thumbsup:

so u think there will be snow

I am a member of Net Weather also and TWO but rarely go on both!.:thumbsup: