The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

we better not get snowed in tomorrow i have a wedding to attend at st pauls cathedral in london

we better not get snowed in tomorrow i have a wedding to attend at st pauls cathedral in london

In that case, you better not turn to the Setanta channel now - Ebbsfleet v. Burton Albion.

It's throwing it down....and settling on the pitch.

So you might not have it here....but they certainly have it in the sarf east!

I wish this snow would stop, its boring now and just icy on the paths and roads. I've never known it last this long. :(

So 2 weeks of speradic flurries and we start thinking that it has been snowing for months and months lol.

I wish this snow would stop, its boring now and just icy on the paths and roads. I've never known it last this long. :(

This long?

Much of England was continuously under snow, from Boxing Day 1962 to early March 1963!

This long?

Much of England was continuously under snow, from Boxing Day 1962 to early March 1963!

Indeed, but 27 years before she was born, give her a break! :)

I for one hope we get snowed in tomorrow for at least a couple of months. :hihi:

This long?

I wasn't around then so wouldnt know:). It seems long to me as I've only ever known it to snow for a few hours, turn to sludge and go the next day. Yet it has been raining and I would have expected it to go slightly but its turning into ice and then snowing again so it settles. Its annoying me as I have a driving test soon which was cancelled last week due to the snow and if the snow carries on my next one will be too:( so fingers crossed it will stop.

spring is on its way, buds are coming on the trees and ive seen some daffodils poking out the soil - in 3 weeks time or so average daily temperatures will be about 14/15 deg!!! - and no frost!!!

in 3 weeks time or so average daily temperatures will be about 14/15 deg!!! - and no frost!!!

And stay like that all the way through the summer like the last couple of years

This long?

For anybody under 20 this is probably the longest spell with snow on the ground they've seen.

spring is on its way, buds are coming on the trees and ive seen some daffodils poking out the soil - in 3 weeks time or so average daily temperatures will be about 14/15 deg!!! - and no frost!!!

we have got some bulbs poking through in or planters