The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

oh how the worm turns:hihi::hihi:

Usefull when needed, but normal service will resume once the snow gone lol, its coming down thick in Gleadless Valley now!!!

Magic AM's just reported 10 to 15cm due to fall in South Yorkshire in the next few hours! :thumbsup::help:

have a look at the link i posted - looks likea lot is coming and its going to snow heavy for a good 12 hours

Exactly!!!

(sorry - wrong thread)

Edited by htafcjode
Wrong thread

Just looked at a good 7/8 camera's on council website, all roads look fine, clear and have buses on them.

Usefull when needed, but normal service will resume once the snow gone lol, its coming down thick in Gleadless Valley now!!!

heavy up here as well

yep ,ill be destroying the planet again soon:hihi:

a lady i gave a tow to this morning said she is going to buy on ,so she never gets stuck again :o

This forecast is the worst since I moved to Sheff in 2003. I feel quite fortunate to be unable to work at this present time, as I'm the sort of person who battles in irregardless of the weather. Before I got my car, I used to catch the bus to work, and remember us having to wait on Cricket Inn Road as a car transporter gracefully slid backwards down the hill towards us, completely out of control. It was terrifying! :help:

This forecast is the worst since I moved to Sheff in 2003. I feel quite fortunate to be unable to work at this present time, as I'm the sort of person who battles in irregardless of the weather. Before I got my car, I used to catch the bus to work, and remember us having to wait on Cricket Inn Road as a car transporter gracefully slid backwards down the hill towards us, completely out of control. It was terrifying! :help:

its funny watching the buses do battle with the snow -and sliding all over the place:hihi:

I've been looking out of the window of my flat for ages now and haven't seen a single bus.

does anybody know whether the 11/12 are running and whether they are going all the way up to the high rise flats in Stannington.

I have a hot date tonight and am afraid I won't make it! lol

its coming down like an absolute blizzard up here!

im off to take the dog out up westwood now -she loves this snow, rolling about in it:hihi:

its funny watching the buses do battle with the snow -and sliding all over the place:hihi:

You'd've thought they'd atleast let a little air out of their tyres to give them better traction on fresh snow, wouldn't you?

im off to take the dog out up westwood now -she loves this snow, rolling about in it:hihi:

Don't forget your emergency whistle, and Kendal Mintcake! :hihi: