The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

I'm already doubting the forecast. I just spoke to a friend of mine who lives in the South East (supposedly the worst hit area.)

Me: How's the snow where you are?

Her: What snow?

I'm already doubting the forecast. I just spoke to a friend of mine who lives in the South East (supposedly the worst hit area.)

Just been chatting with a mate down in Hampshire near Portsmouth, and they've got snow which is settling, but not much.

Met Office's precipitation radar still shows bitty bursts coming in off the North Sea for us.

Edited by djelibeybi

With regards to trams in Canada (we call them streetcars) they do fine, the streets are plowed and we manage, if not we would be off work from November to April!...we just cope

Think it depends where you are. Its been snowing in Epsom, and in Horsham nr Gatwick.

With regards to trams in Canada (we call them streetcars) they do fine, the streets are plowed and we manage, if not we would be off work from November to April!...we just cope

Yes, but we are English, we panic at a snowflake and close the country down!

Erm i've got my doubts as per usual because lets be fair weve never had any really accurate predictions and forecasts for snow in this country have we, but.........

Firstly i've searched a good few weather sites to look at forecasts and nearly all of them say the same thing, it seems to be forecasting light snow up until 3am and then were gonna get significant heavy showers from then until about 6am, and then fade to light showers again after 6am.........sooooo with all or most forecasting the same thing it's a bit interesting because surely all of these sites don't copy eachother and have there on=wn ways of collecting data in order to give an accurate snowfall......I mean in the past when weve had these thread weve looked and different sites say different things about the weather, some say heavy snow and some say no snow which makes sense but now now, all have the same trends.....

Plus is it just me or in the past have weather forecasters allways looked a bit reluctant to give full predictions about snow, with quotes like "might have significant showers", where as this time they are far more outspoken about the snow saying stuff such as "We can expect sigficant snow" just little things about this one make me feel a bit different about the outcome?

what you reckon?

To be honest, im not holding out much hope, it will be great if it happens, but this is sheffield, my home county of norfolk seems to get more, yet when i lived there it felt like nothing. Ive heard stories about how people had tunnels from one side of the road to the other, which sounds amazing. Im hoping it doesnt rain for the whole week, and all we get is snow, then i can slide and skate all week, and be a kid again :)

Well there is a snow ball thread somewhere.............it has been suggested gleadless, but where abouts? :)

not impressed, apparently scunthorpe is getting snow, the south has a good white out... where is ours?