The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

It`ll be gone by monday teatime.

Did you hear that?! 30 to 40cm of snow on Tuesday over the Pennines?!

As per usual it'll be all over the national news when the snow hits the M3 corridor between Portsmouth and London. They'll probably declare a national emergency. :suspect::loopy: Having grown up in Hampshire, it always used to wind me up that anything south of Watford was newsworthy whilst events in Sheffield etc were played down or ignored.

Think the guy was meaning the higher parts of the Pennines, ie in Southern Scotland, as he was waving over that area when he was talking about them, and there was a big patch of snow over that area. But it was quite ambiguous... But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for city centre snowfall!

Totally agree about the southern bias, last night I clicked on a news story on the BBC about snowfall, it said "London was going to be worst hit"- I went to check the weather, cos I thought "that's rubbish"- and it was...but by the time I went to complain, they'd removed that part of the article! It was like some London journalist got a bit carried away :loopy:

Totally agree about the southern bias, last night I clicked on a news story on the BBC about snowfall, it said "London was going to be worst hit"- I went to check the weather, cos I thought "that's rubbish"- and it was...but by the time I went to complain, they'd removed that part of the article! It was like some London journalist got a bit carried away :loopy:

They always do. As most of my relatives are Sheffielders and my family were living in Hampshire, Sheffield news was as important to us as the local stuff, and we were always angry that Sheffield would just get a passing mention in the national news when we wanted more information.

Fair enough, it would be tough to cover the nation's news in detail, but after I moved up here and we had the flash floods hit us in Sheff, none of my mates in the south realised how severe it had been and thought I was just being dramatic until I EM'd them photos that Forummers had taken.

Coming down thin but fast in Loxley Valley. (S6)

Edit: Now it's thicker! I tried taking photos, but the snowfall shows up poorly.

Edited by Sketty24

Snowing quite well here on Stradbroke. Large and light flakes being blown horizontally. First I knew about it was one of my cats headbutting the window trying to catch them! :loopy::hihi:

Yep it stopped again haha think its just getting a practice in for when it goes dark

My female cat's throwing a right paddy! She can't understand why she can't catch the snowflakes through the window! I know I shouldn't laugh, but it's so cute and dead funny!

It's gone really dark here on Stradbroke showing the cloud cover's thickened, and the flakes are still coming down slowly.

There's a lot coming down fast in S21.