The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

could someone translate please. how much is 20-30cms in inches. i am of the old school and haven't caught up yet!

Its around a foot 12 -10 inches

Hello forum chums ... Well, I'm now at work and the snow is falling .. small flakes though, but it is settling rather prettily .. the sky is absolutely full of it though, you can tell, and I think we may well have a good fall overnight as the roads are dry.

Not quite so nervous .. I have my trusty little micra to travel in .. trouble is it's white, so I might get lost in the snow and no one will find me .. that being the case, if you haven't heard from me by this time tomorrow .. send out the ploughs !

could someone translate please. how much is 20-30cms in inches. i am of the old school and haven't caught up yet!

I learned using cm's at school but still think in imperial! :hihi:

I just keep reminding myself that a standard ruler is 30cm and 12 inches / 1 foot!

Hello forum chums ... Well, I'm now at work and the snow is falling .. small flakes though, but it is settling rather prettily .. the sky is absolutely full of it though, you can tell, and I think we may well have a good fall overnight as the roads are dry.

Not quite so nervous .. I have my trusty little micra to travel in .. trouble is it's white, so I might get lost in the snow and no one will find me .. that being the case, if you haven't heard from me by this time tomorrow .. send out the ploughs !

Lovley, were is WORK though.

Names of the areas you are in helps us gauge were the snow is hitting and going to hit next, also pics are snowfall are good.

Which area is S35, please?

Oughtibridge, Wharncliffe Side, Grenoside direction

Oughtibridge, Wharncliffe Side, Grenoside direction

Many thanks, hun!

Looks like it's the higher altitudes copping it first, which makes sense.

Edited by djelibeybi

Hmmm .. I'll wait and see ... I'm inclined to think they're making it all up as they go along.

Ach .. you wont be bothered about me ... I'm miles from Sheffield ... *chuckle*

At work presently at the top of Sydnop Hill, Darley Dale, Matlock.