The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

and your male? don't you think loob is a womanly name?

L00b is genderless. Gonzesse is not. :P

Yes, looks like we'll get a smattering. Whether it's half an inch or several inches is unimportant, anything lighter in colour than tarmac on the roads will be enough to create havoc ...as usual :rolleyes:

The last time I remember "proper" snow, was when I was a kid in the 80's. you were almost guaranteed a white christmas, and it stayed around for weeks. People who complain at what we get now, ain't seen nuthin'

"Almost guaranteed"?!

You must've lived in a different area to me in the 80's, then!

I can't remember any decent - or half-decent for that matter - white Christmasses for many a long year.....

you know we are public enemy no 1 -us 4x4 drivers. we should be stood against a wall and stoned to death for our blatent disregard of the green brigades views . shame on us:D:D

Wait until you've used-up all the oil then see how fast you can go with a horse tied to the front of your car :)

Thats true, you watch it will be hottest day of the year :hihi: :hihi:

I wish we would get some snow like we did 20 years ago!! I remember my parents having to walk to pick me up from my grans as the roads were all snowed under. Was up way passed my wellies!!!

I've just got my first RWD car and it's over 300bhp so that should be fun for someone so new to the world of RWD. lol

Loob is often a short nick name for a female called louise or lucy as loob looby or looby lou, or short slang for lubrication ;)

We went to Morrisons (Catcliffe) today instead of the usual Thursday trip because of the threatened snow, and were surprised to see it was not particularly busy.

We went to Morrisons (Catcliffe) today instead of the usual Thursday trip because of the threatened snow, and were surprised to see it was not particularly busy.

looks like from now on it could be a Wednesday shop @ Morrisons for you

I wish we would get some snow like we did 20 years ago!! I remember my parents having to walk to pick me up from my grans as the roads were all snowed under. Was up way passed my wellies!!!

I've just got my first RWD car and it's over 300bhp so that should be fun for someone so new to the world of RWD. lol

Before I bought my RWD, I heard that they were bad to drive in winter...but I didn't realise how bad until I first tried to pull out of my icy drive a couple of nights ago....yikes! And this lunch time, I was pulling out of a junction to turn right, when the back end slid out! Think its best that avoid taking it if it is snowing tomorrow...

Loob is often a short nick name for a female called louise or lucy as loob looby or looby lou, or short slang for lubrication ;)

'Gonzesse' is always slang for a young woman in French. It has no other meaning.

Slang for lubrication is lube. It's a bit rich that I, not having English as my first language, should have to correct you on such matters ;):P

You should stop digging. Or are you trying for Australia, to avoid the snow? :hihi:

nearly-O/T: RWD are no worse than any other cars in winters, if driven properly (i.e. with care and patience). In fact, they may be better in case of (small) slippage, if you are reasonably adept with a steering wheel (and handbrake in case of 'bigger' slippage), since the steering wheels are not the driving wheels (apply unidirectional momentum with rear wheels, steer with front wheels - rather than try and do both with just the front wheels).