The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

The last time I remember "proper" snow, was when I was a kid in the 80's. you were almost guaranteed a white christmas, and it stayed around for weeks. People who complain at what we get now, ain't seen nuthin'

And 4x4 drivers will be stuck behind the dinky cars and public transport

in the gridlock that is sure to occur, with no space to get through.

but we can go up embankments, across rivers, through hedges, mount pavements and very high kerbs, and if required drive right over normal cars too!!!!!:hihi:

Oh no il be stuck in now tomorrow iam on crutches at the moment.

no chance mate -my discovery will be getting me round as normal:thumbsup:

My fat chunky tyre faithful workhouse Daihatsu Fourtrak will be totally undisturbed by even several feet of snow......looking forward to it....this thing can go down cliff like hills covered in black ice without so much as a little slip....and thro floods up to 4ft deep with ease....would not be without one, never mind your Toyotas or Shoguns and 'modern' status 4x4's, the fab Fourtrak will out perform any of those off-road or in adverse weather....

Motorists are being advised to leave their cars at home and use public transport instead.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Is that a joke or are they saying that buses will actually be running if there's snow?

BREAKING: Blizzards on the way

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryPublished Date: 03 December 2008

SHEFFIELD is bracing itself for blizzards which are set to sweep through the city tomorrow morning.

Weather forecasters have warned snow and high winds will hit between 6am and 9am - just in time to cause rush hour chaos.

The snow will continue throughout the morning into the afternoon and will be as much as 12cm on higher ground.

Freezing ADVERTISEMENTtemperatures will also cause icy conditions on the roads.

Motorists are being advised to leave their cars at home and use public transport instead.

Passengers can find out more details on http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com or by calling 01709 515151

Then again how many times have they said this and theres only been abot 2cm of it? But we will see in morning hope its not to bad.

urban myth :hihi::hihi:

no chance mate -my discovery will be getting me round as normal:thumbsup:

I think you'll find 'gonzesse' is actually a girrrl ;)

(or gonzesse should seriously consider registering under an alternative nick :hihi:)

'Think I'm going to chicken out, it'll be L00b in his Sc00b tomorrow morning :thumbsup:

I think you'll find 'gonzesse' is actually a girrrl ;)

(or gonzesse should seriously consider registering under an alternative nick :hihi:)

'Think I'm going to chicken out, it'll be L00b in his Sc00b tomorrow morning :thumbsup:

and your male? don't you think loob is a womanly name?

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Is that a joke or are they saying that buses will actually be running if there's snow?

yeah its true ,they have bought some 4x4 buses which are all terrain to make sure everyone gets to work and school.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

but we can go up embankments, across rivers, through hedges, mount pavements and very high kerbs, and if required drive right over normal cars too!!!!!:hihi:

you know we are public enemy no 1 -us 4x4 drivers. we should be stood against a wall and stoned to death for our blatent disregard of the green brigades views . shame on us:D:D

do you think we'll ACTUALLY get any this time tho??! I've been let down soooo many times by the met office before ;)