UG is closing, now what?

Gutted that UG is winding up. And gutted that I can't make the Paul Daley night... My favourite DJ. Ever! :(

Had many great nights with UG over the years. Let's hope that something steps up and fills the void left...

this rahrahrah person doesnt have any notion of board etiquette - they post in anyone's thread that they can advertising their own night - start yer own!

Thanks, Clipboard, for the reminder re. blatant promotion of events; however, I'm planning a new night myself, hopefully starting in Feb., with cabaret, live bands, and 'underground' electronic music/rock music from the 60's to the '90's on the decks.

Out of interest, would UG fans be interested in this mix of entertainment, as having never attended UG myself I do not know, but it would be good to get some additional fans along!

I don't think clubbing will ever be the same again, going to hang up my dancing shoes for a few months whilst the world sorts itself out, all the good things are ending, from Woolies to UG :help:

Not before NYE though, it'll be an memorable night, hope we can give Urban Gorilla the send off it deserves!

Thanks to Mark and the rest of the UG crew for all the amazing nights and memories :)

we must have had the best nye party in upstairs at dq , i think they did a good job ,they must have sold out weeks ago the place full and we all had a good time,

it's a shame it was ug's last show. GOOd LUCK GUY's WHATEVER you decide to do.

I am probably going to get shot to pieces here for shamelessly promoting on my own thread.... oh the shame...

Anyway...:) I am going to be hosting a new night @ Penelope's near the odean that I think you'll like if you liked UG. We are planning a launch in mid Feb. I want your opinions on any DJ's you'd like to have there. We already have some Ideas but I would like some input from future customers :thumbsup:

So if there is anyone you have seen recently that has blown you away please let me know and we may book them for future shows. Think House, Tech House Techno and only the best electro.... No cheddar please.

no cheddar you say ok then sasha & digweed please :cool:

Clive Henry, Brothers Vibe, Dan Ghenacia, Patrice Baumel, Jay Tripwire, Sasha Dive, System of Survival and Marc Antona to name but a few.

Best of luck with the night.

Its funny you should say that, my partner is contacting the UG residents for future gigs. Hopefully they'll be interested....

UG and Fragment residents!

If people want to see the Fragment residents they can go to Fragment. The danger with booking the UG ressies is you become UG part II. I'm not originally from Sheffield but what I have seen since I've been here is there is very little variety. It seems to be the same DJ's hawking their wares round every venue in Sheffield. Something fresh is needed along with some great guests from outside the city and outside the UK and people have to get off their backsides and support these new nights.

If people want to see the Fragment residents they can go to Fragment. The danger with booking the UG ressies is you become UG part II. I'm not originally from Sheffield but what I have seen since I've been here is there is very little variety. It seems to be the same DJ's hawking their wears round every venue in Sheffield. Something fresh is needed along with some great guests from outside the city and outside the UK and people have to get off their backsides and support these new nights.
Theres the problem, you've no guarantee people will. Sheff is such a fickle city