Making My Own Invites

I'm not very arty but the invites I want are really plain. I just want a square card with the details printed on, I've seen some pearlised paper but not thin card which is what I want, I'd also like matching pearlised envelopes.

I've spent a good few hours in Hobbycraft today but they don't seem to have what I want.

Any suggestions?

try the little independant shops or markets for the bits, the cards I was looking at in hobbycraft were nearly £10, I went to a little stall in a market on holiday and got 3 packs of cards for £3.

I also got a lot of bits off ebay, packs of marabou feathers for £3 instead of £5.99 a pack of 5 in hobbycraft

ebay is very good for crafty bits! give it ago.

I have lots of crafty bits and peices like embossing kits etc. that i am considering selling so if you want to use anything like that give me a message and we can discuss what i have :)

I would recoment ebay too. I made my wedding invites at just a fraction of the cost of buying them.

I just used creem card and stuck some miniture paper roses on the front of each and printed out the invite on much thinner, matching paper to put inside. So much more personal and special than buying them and sooooo much cheeper too ;)

I would recoment ebay too. I made my wedding invites at just a fraction of the cost of buying them.

I just used creem card and stuck some miniture paper roses on the front of each and printed out the invite on much thinner, matching paper to put inside. So much more personal and special than buying them and sooooo much cheeper too ;)

I hope you did a spellcheck before you printed off your invites! :hihi:

Just kidding :)

I've just found some really nice quality silver (on both sides) paper that's quite thick - £5.70 for 50 A4 sheets at Staples. Perfect for the inserts, menus, order of service etc.

Not sure that they'd have exactly what you want - you sound like you've already seen it in your head! But Paperchase are very good for hand made papers, floaty romatic stuff, a bit individual. They are in meadowhall. Or, I was in Confetti in Leeds today and they have kits for making the cards you want - like matching envelopes and paper.

ideal envelopes in the handsworth industrial estate past Asda has loads of craft paper and will cut paper to size. I got all of my paper and material from there when I made my own. Cost £35 in total for 120. However I did get very bored of embossing that amount!.

good luck!

I made my own invites as the ones i like are really plain and simple and didnt fancy forking out £95 per 20. They look great, and confetti have a section on their website with insert templates so can change wording, sizes, fonts colours etc. They are fantatsic, just as good as the £95 invites x

I lived on Richmond Park Rd for 4 years and never knew about 'Ideal Envelopes!' Just goes to show you,have been and had a nose at their Web site.

Thank you for the heads up!:hihi:

I'm not very arty but the invites I want are really plain. I just want a square card with the details printed on, I've seen some pearlised paper but not thin card which is what I want, I'd also like matching pearlised envelopes.

I've spent a good few hours in Hobbycraft today but they don't seem to have what I want.

Any suggestions?

I'd definately have a look at 'Ideal Envelopes' there prices seem really good.

You should try Craftastic in Hillsborough. I bought my card and envelopes from there - £9 for 60 and they leant me all the tools i needed to make the cards. Very helpful indeed!