Any Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele players here

I play Uke and Mandolin, kinda crazy about the Uke though!

I run a ukulele jam session at the Riverside on Sunday nights and usually play at the Dog & Partridge on tuesdays. Also teach Uke if required, drop in or get in touch if ya wanna know more.

There's quite a few Uke players around...

Tim ;-)

Hello!

Five string bluegrass picker here, been at it five years, I'd call myself intermediate-advanced. Took me about two years to learn the basics, but it was worth it.

I play Uke and Mandolin, kinda crazy about the Uke though!

I run a ukulele jam session at the Riverside on Sunday nights and usually play at the Dog & Partridge on tuesdays. Also teach Uke if required, drop in or get in touch if ya wanna know more.

There's quite a few Uke players around...

Tim ;-)

Hi, tim, are you still running these sessions at the riverside? just got a ukulele and interested in coming along.

I've been playing guitar for about 20 years and in the last year have picked up the Uke and 5-string banjo. I'm loving the ukulele and finding it very easy to get to grips with the basics. It's a lot of fun, and it's what I'd recommend for a beginner considering those three instruments - you can get a lot out of it without having to be brilliant.

I enjoy playing the banjo but it's much more slower going and more technically demanding than the uke - probably more rewarding in the longer term, but ask me in another 20 years!

grrr - darn rubbish internet connection.

Hi, tim, are you still running these sessions at the riverside? just got a ukulele and interested in coming along.

Hi tim

I am interested if you are still doing this?

Hi

Yep. Ukulele Sundays is happening again at a new venue, we are now at The Rude Shipyard cafe on Abbeydale Road. Sessions are once a month at the moment and on Sunday afternoons from 2pm.

The next one is on Sunday 18th July (next week) and you'd be very welcome. We have a list of dates online at www dot ukulelesundays dot co dot uk and we also have a Facebook group so get in touch that way.

My band also play in Sheffield regularly and you are welcome to come along and talk ukulele and say Hi at any of those gigs, next one is Weds night at Trippets from 9pm. We are called The Anything Goes Orchestra and you can find us online too at anythinggoesorchestra dot com.

Cheers

Tim ;-)

Thanks Tim

do i at least need to know about and have experience of playing chords etc?

i know how to take it out of it's case and that's it!

Wow. You've got a case ;-)

That's enough knowledge for me. Come along on Sunday and we'll show you the rest, honest.

Tim ;-)

T'rude shipyard is lovely...but tiny. Good job most ukes are too!

Anyways, I thought it would be handy to share this with any budding ukelele players...

http://www.ukuleleorchestra.com/main/Workshops.aspx?SessionKey=

reyt good chord charts for three common tunings.

http://www.wabsnazm.co.uk/uke/BUS%20Songbook%20II.pdf

and that one's a songbook not dissimilar to what gets used at uke sundays I believe.

Hope these can be of some use to someone :)

Edited by billybilo
put wrong smile on

ermmmmmm yet another newbie UK player ...player ? well i can hold it...JUST......would love a club or anyone who can get me going ?

:)

Hi there

been playing uke 18months now and get a few tunes, not played before

self taught with ukulelemike on youtube also http://www.ukulelesundays.co.uk have a monthly meeting at the riverside pub, only been once something always crops up on a sunday, but when i did go, it was brill all really helpful.

chordie.com, ukutabs are good sites for uke tunes to plays with chords too.

hope this helps

kriss