Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

Hi behappy, send my regards to Dave Payling and also to Caroline.

PT, Hi..Sent you a pm but being a "silver surfer" and only just getting to know this forum, I have probably done it wrong......

I am still trying to pursuade Mark to register.

It was interesting hearing from you about Sharrow, I'd forgotten that.....we were at the back of the post office.

joanl

Mr JW, did you by any chance live opposite Martin Leary, just around the corner from Seagrave Avenue? Hope you don't mind me asking...I'm sure I must know you

Touche, yes I did.

I realised who you are after you mentioned you lived on the Avenue. I think you used to live at the lower end of the Avenue. I have a vague recollection Touche was your nickname at one time but I'm not entirely sure. Apologies if this is completely untrue.

I left Ashleigh in 1976, lost touch with many kids but seen one or two...any old year mates out there?

Glenn Ashley

WOW!!!

A few names from the past there

was at Ashleigh 71-76...the Worrall clan, Millie Morton...Pete Dawson.

I know Gary Chappell is in New Zealand...still bump into Lynne Bradbury, Glynn Tipper and one or two others.

Saw Gillian Stones the other week....times not been kind there

Glenn Ashley

I'm pretty sure I remember you Glenn and also some of the additional names you mention. I bumped into Helen Scorah about three years ago - she was a nurse at the NGH.

hi Glen,

I also left in 1976, have seen quite a few names on friends re-united that i recognise but difficult to place a face to them.

kept in touch with David Ryan for a few years afterwards as we became good fishing buddies. moved away from area around that time to the wybourne estate so on the wrong side of sheffield to keep in touch.

moved away to other counties in 1978 and never been back to sheffield other than to visit family. Changes every time i visit.

graham hall

I went to ashliegh left in 1974. Name of some mates in same year.

Dave morton, Gary Smith, Andy Smith, Gordon Wild. Kevin Abbot,

The two George Bests are reunited, thinking of you Mark...

I recognise a few of your names.

Also remember Michael Roy, jeremy peatfield (he doesn't remember me) Graham Bloodworth, lynn Harvey, David Ryan, Jaqueline Fletcher (first pair of girls breasts i ever saw in the flesh) David Grayson.

Can't recall many happy memories there to be honest.

I do have a school group photo taken in the first year which was probably around 1971 and Miss Braun was the new form teacher and she later married Mr Sirr.

Hi Adviser, I think Lynn Harvey and Wayne Mitchell were also in Miss Braun's form class in the first year. I remember that she married Mr Sirr.

I wondered whether you were in any of my classes, maybe in the fourth and fifth year, maybe one of the science classes??

I always look back on the days at Ashleigh with a certain amount of fondness but I know for some it seemed a matter of daily survival.

I remember being in the sixth form and on my 18th birthday at lunchtime going down to the pub with a few mates. I was the only one the landlord challenged. I must have looked young in those days. How times have changed.