Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

i remember them "too well" cos they are my brothers lucky me. this is the youngest and best hancock "LEE" . i remember you drewy how are mate ?

hi lee im sorry but i want to know what mirror your looking through

lol

think you are on pot mate

WELL YOU SHOULD KNOW LOL

I was at Ashleigh between 1973 - 1978 , my names Neil Cockayne....have some really good memories from my time there.

My mates from that time were Wayne Middleton ( still good mates) , Fred Ibbotson , Gary Moore , Mark (Fred) Barker , Andrew Croydon , Steve Montisci (was his best man ) , Robert Yates , Howard Marples , Jeff Thorpe , Phil Hodgkinson , John Talbot , James Lindley etc

Anyone remember me or any of my muckers?

I was at Ashleigh between 1973 - 1978 , my names Neil Cockayne....have some really good memories from my time there.

My mates from that time were Wayne Middleton ( still good mates) , Fred Ibbotson , Gary Moore , Mark (Fred) Barker , Andrew Croydon , Steve Montisci (was his best man ) , Robert Yates , Howard Marples , Jeff Thorpe , Phil Hodgkinson , John Talbot , James Lindley etc

Anyone remember me or any of my muckers?

Your name vaugely rings a bell, but I'm afraid I can't picture you. I don't think you were in my class (you might have been the year above me). I left in May 1979.

Hope you are doing OK, anyway.

Yeah I remember you Neil, in fact I bumped into you in the Carbrook Hall when I'd just finished work for the christmas break. Can't remember if it was last year or the year b4. I was only semi-sober by that time.

Merlina, can't think who you might be although we were, it seems, in the same year at Bankwood and Ashleigh. I'm sure we must know each other, I used to live next door to the Moyses girls, something Laurie (Potlegs) didn't remember until she saw me recently.

Later

Chris

Yeah I remember you Neil, in fact I bumped into you in the Carbrook Hall when I'd just finished work for the christmas break. Can't remember if it was last year or the year b4. I was only semi-sober by that time.

Merlina, can't think who you might be although we were, it seems, in the same year at Bankwood and Ashleigh. I'm sure we must know each other, I used to live next door to the Moyses girls, something Laurie (Potlegs) didn't remember until she saw me recently.

Later

Chris

I shall forever remain a lady of mystery then, won't I. :confused:

You'll work it out eventually!!!! :)

why cant you search for people for ashliegh on facebook, i suspect no one is saying what school they went too, ok its not there now but thousands attended there it ort to be recognised on facebook, it is on friends reunited.

why cant you search for people for ashliegh on facebook, i suspect no one is saying what school they went too, ok its not there now but thousands attended there it ort to be recognised on facebook, it is on friends reunited.

yes its on freinds reunited

Some names there that bring back memories, both good and bad, i think Billy Grimwood was an english teacher, how about the maths teacher Mrs Kitchen, what an ogre she was

I'd just like to say a quick word in the defence of mrs. k - while she could be a bit.......er....abrupt(??), i think it was often tongue-in-cheek, and i thought she was an A1 Maths teacher. So, big-up mrs. k, i say!

I went there from Sept '77 to June '83. Remember the terrifying Mrs Livesey (Form Tutor / Maths Teacher), Mrs "Two Demerits!" Liddle (English), Mr Surr (Biology - amazing locust impression), Mr Potts & Mr Morgan (Games), Mr "Sally" Hughes (Music), Mr "Hair Bear" Taylor (Economics), Mr Bunn (English), Mr White (Maths - his son was the guitarist with ABC), Mr Damms (great English teacher with more than a passing resemblance to Chewbacca), Mrs King (gorgeous English teacher), Mr Miles (Geography), Mr "I'll punish you, I will" Williams (Maths), Mr Crisp (Technical Drawing - amazing ears, get hin on to the war and you wouldn't have to do any work that day), Mr Burgess (Art), Doc "Dick" (Chemistry) & Mr Andrews (Physics) - his perm made him have a permanent "Van De Graff Generator" look. To name but a few!