Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

I remeber going to Muston a few times; the last time was in 75/6 when we went as part of our Art O'level.... I remember having to draw train lines ..... to learn about perspective! And being told that the old place use to be a undertakers cottage and workshop etc, which meant that d we were always scared that some of the old residents were going to come and visit us.

Muston Cottage- god that takes me back, Hoss riding, Filey and kipping in those big old wooden bunk beds - oh and the constant threat of being served nettle soup!

Hi again,

The time I was at ashleigh 72 to78 I had Mr Lambert as form teacher for a while.Does anyone remember him or know anything about him now.

Digging in my memory David Culver was in my class ring abell?

Ricardo Montici?

Timothy Pinda?

Robert Seaman?

Does anyone remember me for that matter Robert Green (Bobby)?

Does anyone have class photos I could get copys from

I will check in again soon.

My name is Pierre Barreau. I acted as a French assistant at Asleigh school in 1976- 77. I have kept a wonderfully good memory of the time I spent at Asleigh school. I hate being the bearer of evil tidings but Jack Lambert died of liver cancer in 1995. I got this information from Heather Lambert her widow

Pierre Barreau

PS I remember some of the pupils you mention in your note

SHARON BRIDGES anyone remember her ? shes my cousin but ive lost contact since she went to oz.would love contact

I remember Judith Willis, though I don't know where she is now... last time I saw her must have been in the early 80's in town.

one of my other cousins is called judith willis.didnt think she went to ashliegh though....is she the same one???

My partner went to Ashleigh, he left in 79 his name is Lee Bridges (aka Lloyd), he sees Darryl Hancock regularly as they go to the Wednesdays matches together.

ally these replys and not many names. did u go to asheligh school if so please leave your name and names of a few friends so we can possible put a face to your name.

Pauk Deakin. some friends Dave Morton, Andy Smith, Gordon Wild, Kevin Abbot, Gary Smith, pop haywood. i left in 1974.

I didn't go to Ashleigh but i remember knocking around with pop,hard as nails he was,and his brother Gary (mini) Haywood.Was Paul Deakin a big guy with a pretty sister called Sharon ?

I went to Ashleigh 1971 to 1978. I remember Mr. Fyfe wearing a cap and gown. Didn't realise his wife was the deputy head though. I remember Mr. Hill, Mr. Rogers and a rather short lady each wearing a cap and gown. Perhaps that was Mrs. Fyfe.

I think that Mr. Hargreaves married Miss Cru; she taught General Science to my class in the first year. We had a biology teacher called Mr. Sirs that married the RE teacher. There was also Dr. Richardson (chemistry), Mr. Pemberton (chemistry), Mr. Williams (maths), Mr. Green (English), Mr. King (French), Mr. Matson (geography),Miss Givens (English), Mrs. Moxon (history), Miss Morris (biology), Mr. Hunter (woodwork).

I recall some of the names mentioned by Touche and Debk - Mark Pinson, Martin Smith. I think they were in the year above me. I also remember Ian Guymer, Mary Butler, Martin Leary from that year.

From my year I recall Karl Priest, Andy Greaves, Julian Crookes, Nick Fletcher, Andy Briggs, Nigel Williams, David Palin, Jay Dorling, John Worrall, Chris Worrall, Julie Worrall, Jenny Bradbury, Trudy Worth, Beverly King, Karen Lancaster, Karen McGrath, Christine Howell, Caroline Shackleton.

I was at Ashleigh School from October 1976 to July 1977 as a French assistant and my name is Pierre Barreau. I might have known you as an upper sixth year student during one of m y French conversation classes. I very clearly remember Mary Butler. Along with a few of her classmates she had sent me a bithday card reading "one day my ship will come and with my luck I wiil be at the airport". My conversation classes included such students as Ruth Janicki (another very bright student of Polish origin and with a very high French standard, just like Mary Butler) Martyn Ifould, Leslie Tailor, Deborah Rollison (sorry but I have lost track of the other upper sixth students' names). As a foreign language assistant I was assisted and inviligated in my work by Jack Lambert and Pamela Senior (respectively German and French teachers). Jack Lambert was head of the modern languages department and he was the man that taught me absolutely everything concerning my job as a university professor. I am not surprised at reading that he was an inspiration to the students he taught. He could sometimes flow into a real temper and he used to speak the standard Broad Yorkshire dialect interspersed with some remarkable 18th century English phrases and style. I will simply never forget him even though he died of liver cancer in 1995.

I had had to go back to France in 1977 but a significant part of my heart and soul has remained in South Yorkshire and stubbornly refuses to settle down to the French spirit and state of mind. I very sincerely hope that you will reply to this note.

Pierre Barreau

I was at Ashleigh School from October 1976 to July 1977 as a French assistant and my name is Pierre Barreau. I might have known you as an upper sixth year student during one of m y French conversation classes. I very clearly remember Mary Butler. Along with a few of her classmates she had sent me a bithday card reading "one day my ship will come and with my luck I wiil be at the airport". My conversation classes included such students as Ruth Janicki (another very bright student of Polish origin and with a very high French standard, just like Mary Butler) Martyn Ifould, Leslie Tailor, Deborah Rollison (sorry but I have lost track of the other upper sixth students' names). As a foreign language assistant I was assisted and inviligated in my work by Jack Lambert and Pamela Senior (respectively German and French teachers). Jack Lambert was head of the modern languages department and he was the man that taught me absolutely everything concerning my job as a university professor. I am not surprised at reading that he was an inspiration to the students he taught. He could sometimes flow into a real temper and he used to speak the standard Broad Yorkshire dialect interspersed with some remarkable 18th century English phrases and style. I will simply never forget him even though he died of liver cancer in 1995.

I had had to go back to France in 1977 but a significant part of my heart and soul has remained in South Yorkshire and stubbornly refuses to settle down to the French spirit and state of mind. I very sincerely hope that you will reply to this note.

Pierre Barreau

Hi Pierre, I was in the lower sixth during your time at Ashleigh. I studied science and maths and did not attend any French conversation classes. Actually I was not very good at modern languages. Nevertheless years later my family and I had several enjoyable holidays in France and so perhaps it would have been helpful if I had attended those French conversation classes. It is good to hear you have fond memories of Sheffield. Regards Jeremy Peatfield

Hi, I'm new here, but CHEVYSHEFF, i can add Andrew Bradley to that list of names...........

...maybe more another time!

Andrew Bradley - wasn't his nickname Guiness? If it's him I remember no-one could chuck a tennis ball like he could.

Hey LoobyLou-Lou

Say Hi to Loyd for me, long time no see.

Chris Adams