Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

does any one know denise black or rita morris

My sister-in-law went to Ashleigh - Janette Haynes. I think it would have been around late 60's early 70's as she is almost 53. My workings out could be totally wrong so if she reads this and she's younger I do apologise! :hihi:

Hi i went to ashleigh from 1980- 84/85. My name is mark Haigh also known as sugar. I knocked around with Dennis Holland, (bod) Keith Freeman(Freeway) Paul Mcgrath (Gaffa) Wayne Maclean and all the other mods. Could anyone name any more because im getting old and my memory is crap. Never got my scooter but i live in hope. Would be great to hear from anyone in our year.

Hi,

Would like to hear from anyone who went to Ashleigh especially in my year.

As the name suggests, I'm Tracy Haigh and I knocked about with Kay Wasden, Joanne Furniss, Sally-Ann Coldwell (whatever happened to her) and the boys were Dale Beatson, Ian Strichland (Stricky), Jarrod Chapman and Matthew Pymm, Just to name a few.

Would love to know what people are doing nowadays.

I remember Mr Westnidge. We had him for metalwork in the second year and I remember being well excited about using all the tools and stuff on the first day. Except we spent the entire lesson calculating how long it took for a half inch drill at so many rpm to rip the hair out of your head... Well it was 1973 and we all had flowing locks back then. Flippin' mail pattern baldness. Mrs Blagden - fit but frightening. Miss King - went on to marry one of my mates who was totally unconnected with Ashleigh. Small world.

Mrs Blagden - fit but frightening.

Please tell me she was never fit - she looked like something out of a Tim Burton film.

Oh come on. I was 14... She must be in her 70's now; bless 'er. Was it Mr Hunter with half a finger missing? I always think of him when I fire up a circular saw. I remember Mrs Hodgson the Biology teacher and her husband taking us to Muston in the 2nd Year for a weekend. Two things stood out; 1. asking her what the strange white things were that were washed up on the beach (Ryk Mayall's mice from the Young Ones) and 2. my mate laughing so much he couldn't speak when Mr Hodgson asked for a little sponk of extra gravy at the dinner table...

And Andrew Phillips (mentioned earlier) telling everyone he was bisexual in about the third year. He was a huge David Bowie fan - the rest of us hadn't got a clue what he was talking about

And going to the chippy at Gleadless Town End from the Upper School, buying half a small loaf, eating some of the bread out of the centre, chucking the rest at each other, then having it filled with chips. Up yours Jamie Oliver!

And all the hard lads on their FS1E Yamaha mopeds riding down the drive billowing smoke... FREEDOM! Boy did I envy them

And (finally) 6th Form discos at Tiffany's Treetops on London Road. At 16 I remember smoking a couple of fags, drinking cider, lager, vodka and coke, bitter and God knows what else and, strangely, all for the first time resulting in my first hangover. Dad came back off nights and had forgotten his keys so it was up at 06.15 to let him in - it took me 12 hours to start to feel better... Happy days

And going to the chippy at Gleadless Town End from the Upper School, buying half a small loaf, eating some of the bread out of the centre, chucking the rest at each other, then having it filled with chips. Up yours Jamie Oliver!

Them were the days I did exactly the same from the same chippy. I remeber going into the chinese & asking if he had any chips left? when he said yes I replied your fault for making so many. Jeez it's amazing how quick you can get back to school when some mad guy is chasing you with a meat cleaver