Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

Well after sitting here for an hour reading through all this thread, isn't it amazing where we all end up. Strange that this suddenly stops back in April.

Gail Horsefield gave away as to who I am so will be good to hear from any one out there who remembers the bowie freak (yup still am).

Good to hear Mr. Tingle you are still well.

Lynne Whitehouse (nee Bradbury) and Bob (hubby) came out this way a couple of years ago not long after my twin boys where born, I now have 5great kids in total, who would have thought.

So where is everyone now. I've heard from Morrell, Glen Ashley, Diane Smith and Paul Richardson to name a few over the years.

I went to Ashleigh School fromm 69-74 and my mate jJayne's mum & dad used to run the punch bowl and we worked in the chippy sometimes and the beeroff

I remember you I came up from arbourthorne junior school in 69 and you were head master then, but in year 3 I was moved into the upper school . Mr Gears was my head of year, then mrs wingrove and a man who's name escapes me, but his son went on to be in the group ABC and they used to take us the Isle of Man with their kids in year 3

Mr White apparently has now pased on?? If so god rest and bless you Mr. White you gave me a love of Maths that has remained with me always.

Hi Laurie just been told bout this site and saw your reply to Mr Tingle.

I haven't seen you since you did my brothers wedding and you were very pregnent.

I was in Valies year and we had some great times

Your Joanne used to go to school with my little brother and my Dad used to give your mum Val a lift to school or nursery, I think your dad was Tony

My name begins with a V my Dad's and Brothers with a G and the wedding was at Homesfield guessed who we are yet???

not to hard I don't think your cheryl was a friend of Carol Wood!!

Thanks for that it was Mr White did you go?

If so When?

Hi Gail

I have tried on so many occasions to get in touch with people via the Friends united site, but never get a reply. So here I am trying this I only found it by pure chance last week when trying to show my NZ wife places in Sheffield. We have been married 1 year now and have three children, twin boys 3 and daughter 2.

Its funny, but until I read the names of the teachers I had forgotten most of them.

Hi Gail

I have tried on so many occasions to get in touch with people via the Friends united site, but never get a reply. So here I am trying this I only found it by pure chance last week when trying to show my NZ wife places in Sheffield. We have been married 1 year now and have three children, twin boys 3 and daughter 2.

Its funny, but until I read the names of the teachers I had forgotten most of them.

Hi Gary.... can't answer you of friends united as I am too tight to pay the fee...:)

My OH works with Lynn @ M&S... ( I worked there for a while last year too) Lynne kindly emailed me ya wedding pics...they looked great... ;)

T keeps in touch with your J and they came up to visit a few weeks ago...

pm me on here and I will send you my email

hope to talk to you soon

xxx

Gail

I went to Ashleigh school till 1980.Gleadless middle school before that. i lived on Gleadless road at Townend.till my mother died in 1980 moved to crispin gdns then left in 1982 to get married. My daughter is 25 and just got married herself. im on my second marrage and have been married for 16yrs this year.

I work with a couple of ex school mates and occasionally see a few more like Ashley Charlsworth,John Woodhead and Grahan Eyers.

I had a secret crush on Miss livsey,does anyone remember her.:loopy:

Hi there, it's Gail Horsfield here, I left Ashleigh in 76, my sister was Tina (left 78), and we lived on Ridgehill Avenue. I still see Lynne Bradbury as she works with my hubby. Occasionally bump into Lynn Cox...

I remember Mr Tingle, when he was head of the lower school, Mr and Mrs Fyfe...( wasn’t Mr Fyfe the Head of the whole school for a while?) Mr Gears, (Geography), Mr Lambert was my form teacher in 2nd and 3rd year, while he tried to drum some German into my head – he didn’t have much luck, though he would have been amazed to learn I did go on to learn some Latin, Ancient Greek and Ancient Hebrew….Mr Bun, (form teacher in 1st year) Mr Brown and Mr Green who took us for English and bravely to Leeds, and to the Crucible to see The Merchant of Venice. Mrs Hancock - Biology.

I was in the BBC play too, I was in the choir... we sang Blake's Jerusalem.

Anyone know/see Julie Grocock, Richard Nixon, Beverley King, Trudy Worth, Glynn Tipper, Suzanne Ellis, there's more but I'm getting old and forgetful

I do know Gary Chappel is in NZ doing quite well for him self.

I went to Hollinsend primary school before Ashleigh

I have walked my dog across the old school grounds, feels very strange... and the new houses…..look interesting.

Hi Gail dont know if you will rember me i lived on Ridgeway road my name is Andrew Myers,my late mum Doreen used to work in your mum and dads shop and babysit for you,would love to chat about the old days.