Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

Joanne is my cousin would you like me to pass a message on?

Just let her know that Daryl sends his best wishes.

My husband used to go, Andrew E he is 49

I started at Central Tech. in 1966 and finished at Ashleigh in 1970. All the posts that I have read here are regarding later years. Is there anyone reading this who also attended in those first years of co-ed?

Hi Joe Soap I was there at around the same time as you.

Anyone there from 1972 to 1977 or 1979? Anyone remember the sixth form disco's at Tiffany's Treetops? The first one I went to was probably the worst alcohol (and cigarette and cigar) fuelled, throwing up session I've ever had. Happy days!

Hi Reg 1,

Sorry but do not recall the name. I left at the age of 17 in July 1970.

South Lanarkshire is a good place to live; we frequently visit friends in Abington and always enjoy the countryside and a warm welcome.

Regards

Joe.

Re; Lewis Jepson. Posting this here as although I did'nt attend Ashleigh,I know that Lewis did. I recently discovered that Lewis passed away a little while ago, we were good friends in the 70s/80s until he moved to the Isle of Wight and we lost touch. It does'nt seem five minutes since we were getting our first motors and hurtling out to places like Fiveways, The Fleur de Lys, Marquis of Granby etc, happy days. Hope there are people on here that will remember him. RIP mate.

Just come across the previous posts. I was there from 75 to 79 and 6th form from 79 to 81. I was in the school football team and our keeper was dave Jepson. Any relation to the lad above ? I also went to Tiffanys though that was in 79 went we had just finished the 5th year. Couldn't even shave by then so god knows how we got served. Mrs Read took us !

He was a good kid Dave. We were friends from Bankwood days as well. Not heard anything of him since we left.

Chris

Just come across the previous posts. I was there from 75 to 79 and 6th form from 79 to 81. I was in the school football team and our keeper was dave Jepson. Any relation to the lad above ? I also went to Tiffanys though that was in 79 went we had just finished the 5th year. Couldn't even shave by then so god knows how we got served. Mrs Read took us !

I don't recall Lewis having a brother called Dave, if memory serves me correctly he did have a brother called Gary I think.

Hi, just seen this forum and was sad to hear that Lewis Jepson had passed away. When we were at Gleadless Infant School we were always partnered together for the country dance classes. When I bought my first car, I used to fill it up at his mum's petrol station at Gleadless Town End.

I (Jeremy) was at Ashleigh between 1972 - 1979. I remember Ron Underdown as my English Teacher ! My brother Mark Allison also went there (3 years older than me). Anyone else from my classes remember ?