Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

Did anyone go on the cruise ship the SS uganda in the mid 70s?

I went on SS Uganda cruise. I remember us girls having a fight with school girls next to us. I remember Dawn Wade Jackie Furness Julie Keeny and Mr Fifes daughter was in with us i think her name was Bridget...

I went on SS Uganda cruise. I remember us girls having a fight with school girls next to us. I remember Dawn Wade Jackie Furness Julie Keeny and Mr Fifes daughter was in with us i think her name was Bridget...

I was one of the senior girls in your dorm - do you remember Julie Vollum cutting someone's hair? That was ME she took chunks out of (she swore her mum was a hairdresser and she knew what she was doing but made a right mess of it. lol!) remember the music they woke us up with every morning - when we got to Alexandria, it was Egyptian Reggae. AND the food was dire. I lost half a stone surviving on 7up and revels for the fortnight.

Yeah i do remember your trendy hairdo lol. Ahhh the food was rancid and like you i too lived on Revels and the packed lunch they gave us. I think it was cheese spread a roll and 7Up.

I went 1971 - 77 stayed on a year where is everybody - im still in Sheffield what about any one else ?

Your name rings a bell. I was at Ashleigh around the time you left. Are you related to Caroline Payling i remember her well.

Did a year at Ashleigh in the Lower Sixth 1971 to 1972. Common room was always FULL of fag/ciggy smoke, I did smoke then, but was probably getting secondary cancer thanx to all that smoked. You could literally cut the air with anything sharp even a papers edge. There was a lot of 3 Card Brag played for mainly pennies but it occasionally got more serious, someone once dealt me AAA against his 333 that was such a dodgy game of cards but I learnt a lot.

Ive just found this forum, better late than never! I went to Ashleigh, late seventies, I left in 1979. Dawn Turner then, I was in the same class as Andrew Hallatt, I remember Mr Tingle, I thought Dr Richardson sciences was fab. I remember Jane Hird, Helen Noble, Deborah Johnson, Robert Tunnard, to mention a few. :)

i went to ashleigh i was in the very last year to leave ashleigh before the name changed , the year below me stayed at the same site but went under the name myrtle springs i left in 1988 , mr sharpe , mr jackson ,mr surr , bad breath broughton , dober jenkins ,come on get in the shower boys morgan ,mr tunningly ,doc dick , fat man parker ,mrs clark , mr and mrs marshal , and the rest

ally these replys and not many names. did u go to asheligh school if so please leave your name and names of a few friends so we can possible put a face to your name.

Pauk Deakin. some friends Dave Morton, Andy Smith, Gordon Wild, Kevin Abbot, Gary Smith, pop haywood. i left in 1974.

I can remember all those sneaks.I see Andy from time to time.He lives at the back . Of the the old far Lee's it's a shop now.can you remember Mally Gillott,Pet err Barker An Martin lyons

I started Ashleigh in 1969 and left in 1974. I was Brenda Claydon. I have all the class photos for each year. I remember lots of messing about in classes and didn't learn much lol. I didn't actually like many lessons and hated typing and office practice and speedwriting lessons even tho I ended doing typing for a living!

My brother went to Ashleigh School. He left in 1976 because he had a serious accident and the school would not let him go back because of his physical difficulties. His name is Andrew Proctor. Do you remember him?

Andrew was my first boyfriend, my mother worked at same school as your mum, last time I saw him was at his wedding. Tell him Shelly (Michelle Robinson) sends her love xx

Andrew was my first boyfriend, my mother worked at same school as your mum, last time I saw him was at his wedding. Tell him Shelly (Michelle Robinson) sends her love xx

I think I do remember your Brother (Andrew Proctor)...

I'm am Craig Drew