Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

I have been thinking about school they were the best years...So i think LOL

:)

I would love a school reunion but how do you go about getting one together...??

People i remember at school......

Mick and Andy Hancock

Stephen Handcock (Not Related)

Adam Clicksby

David Eastwoon

Leon Amendis ? (A coloured chap)

Phil not sure of surname (**** of school)

But weird thing i don't remember teachers

Thanks for viewing......

Craig Drew (Dog Bitus) LOL

It may have been mentioned before and if it has I apologise.

I can't help thinking it would be really helpful if when you post in reference to Ashleigh (or Central Tech) if folks were to state what years they were there.

I for one can't honestly say I remember everyone by name in my year, let alone the whole school, a lot of nicknames from back then do come to mind. Probably best to include your name and nick just in case and of course maiden names too. Time and the ability of total recall are not the best of friends. Though to fair I can think of one or two people who may not want their school nicknames reviving, kids can be, and often were less than diplomatic.

Some clues as to who you are and when you were there would I think help a lot of people.

Phil Thomson (Tommo 1968 - 1973)

---------- Post added 18-11-2013 at 16:28 ----------

spot on regarding the members of staff phil not so accurate regarding the airgun incident.Throwing bangers/airbombs into carlton club through the windows was another of our dinner time activities

Ok Obbinfut.. fess up who are ya.

There may well be more to the airgun story but it aint all going to get put in here. :)

Edited by Tommo68

I have been thinking about school they were the best years...So i think LOL

:)

I would love a school reunion but how do you go about getting one together...??

People i remember at school......

Mick and Andy Hancock

Adam Clicksby

David Eastwoon

But weird thing i don't remember teachers

Thanks for viewing......

Craig Drew (Dog Bitus) LOL

1975 - 1979

:hihi:

Get an idea of how many people are interested. How are you going to get the word out. Book somewhere to accommadate said numbers. Small cover charge, say a couple of quid, so people will have some sort of ticket detailing time and place as a reminder. Are you hoping to cover cost of disco/food/room?

Good luck.

Chris 1974-1979

Get an idea of how many people are interested. How are you going to get the word out. Book somewhere to accommadate said numbers. Small cover charge, say a couple of quid, so people will have some sort of ticket detailing time and place as a reminder. Are you hoping to cover cost of disco/food/room?

Good luck.

Chris 1974-1979

OK Thanks.....

I'd go anyway. I could prob still get in touch with a few from our year.

Chris

I'd go anyway. I could prob still get in touch with a few from our year.

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for that do you remember any name i put in the Thread???

Do i know you ????

Mick and Andy Hancock

Adam Clicksby

David Eastwoon

Hi. Both me and my husband went to Ashleigh. Think he left in 1973 and i left in 1975. He was at Central Tech before it merged into Ashleigh. A few teachers i remember:-

Miss Braund

Mrs Morton

Mr Tingle

Miss Hollingsworth

Mrs Kitchen

Dr Richardson

Mr Bunn

Mr & Mrs Gears

Mr Surr (who married Miss Braund)

Mr Howell

Mr Hughes

Mr Westnidge

Mrs Blagden

Mr Green

Mr Potts

Mr Underwood

Mr Lee

just to name a few.

Names I remember:-

Ann Fisher, Tina Rawlins, Janet Platts, Pat Liversidge, Janice Newton, Susan Ward, Susan Wilson Sharon Parkin, Jill Tomlinson, Denise Lyons, Elizabeth Scott, Lynn Power, Kathleen Shaw, Gail Hessian, Ellen Armitage, David Lake, Mark Haywood, Richard Turton, John Cockram, Paul Hattersley, Andrew Jepson, Peter Issacs, Mark Staniforth, Digger Dawson, Pozzy Campbell, Pete Yates, Alan Jackson, Pop and Mini Haywood, Mally Gillot, Brian Heath.

If I sit and think back I am sure I could think of more.

I too am on that list!

Hi Craig

Yeah I remember the Hancock twins, I remember the name Adam Clixby (didn't he get together with Phillippa Hardy?), but can't put a face to it. It was Phil Carr, **** of year that you were trying to think of. I believe we were in the same year. I usually knocked about with Andy Shackleton, Craig Wakefield, Steve Frecknall and Dean Fowler etc.

I don't know if you know about it but the Norfolk Park/Arbourthorne Ashleighers have a get together at the Earl Marshall on East Bank Rd. Organised by Glynn Heppenstall (Banker) it's the first Saturday in December, which is 7th this year. Had a good laugh with Lee Bridges and John 'Buck' Rogers amongst others last year.

Chris

I would love to get in touch with some of my old mates, Diane Vokins,Jill Smith, Gillian Wakefield, and many more. Hope someone out there remembers. Class of "69/74".

hello carole! i am dianne (vokins) now sheldon.would b great to get in touch for a catchup.i am on facebook if u want to find me.

---------- Post added 08-12-2013 at 05:28 ----------

I would love to get in touch with some of my old mates, Diane Vokins,Jill Smith, Gillian Wakefield, and many more. Hope someone out there remembers. Class of "69/74".

hello carole! i am dianne (vokins) now sheldon.would b great to get in touch for a catch up.i am on facebook if u want to find me.

Edited by peteoftewkes

Just found this site and amazed at your recall Tommo. Well done, very accurate! I remember you very well. I was in 1B1 with you and recall an incident between you and a bus at Gleadless Town End!! I also remember the first fight in the yard with you and ironically Chris Wright!! I still have the year class photo but haven't yet worked out if it can be put on yet.

l. I was in 1B1 with you and recall an incident between you and a bus at Gleadless Town End!! I also remember the first fight in the yard with you and ironically Chris Wright!! I still have the year class photo but haven't yet worked out if it can be put on yet.

It was not a bus it was a car, Though according to other associated rumours I was splattered all over the road and then run over by a lorry and died.

In reality managed to step out from in front of the bus into the path of the car, trying to get across the road tro catch my bus. The car driver incidently was a teacher though she was not one of ours. Missed 6 months of 1st year through that.

Chris and I never fought each other. Though we got into many an 'incident' with kids from other schools and a few from ours.

The year photo is certainly up on the friends reunited site somewhere Jim (Ian) Reeves put it up, I think.

Needs all the guys names putting up somewhere.

Jowcad... I can't make a connection between your username and who you are, sorry.

Phil Thomson (Tommo attended between 1968 - 1973)

Edited by Tommo68
i wanted to make a correction