Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

I've just heard that the music teacher Mr Hughes has died recently aged 87.

Hi i'm Mr Tingle, I was the head at ashleigh for 18 years, any one remember me?
Yes I remember you my name was Susan Ward

Yes I remember you my name was Susan Ward

2 tone stay press

My Name was Lorraine Baker, I was at Ashleigh from '69 to ' 74 (I think).

The friends I can remeber are Janette Law, Julia Roe, Susan Wood, Gwen Latham, Kenneth Wing, Steven Ludlam, Linda Lucas, Kay Spur, Pete Waller.

TEATHERS: Mr Leak (Form Teacher), Mrs Robinson (French), Mr Marshall (A Year Tutor), Good old Mr Tingle (Head-The Best), Mrs Wingrove (Unsure), Mr & Mrs Gears (Unsure), Mr Simpson (A Year Teacher), Mr Fife (Head),

My clearest memory of school was getting iinto trouble for smoking near the gym and on the grass bank half way down the field, and in the last door way of the upper school. Got the cane regular lol. Good old days.

Lol. Hello sis. good site isnt it. Theres one for anns road school too. You should look at it the pictures are really saddening i think but im soppy about my time there and the beautiful building xxxx

2 tone stay press

Sorry, that was Georgina Ward But if I'm right Susan Ward had long dark hair and pulled he white sox up tight.

Hi al , long time since i posted , just remembered another name Wendy Morris , went to ashleigh apr 1970s , she was always in trouble for not wearing any shoes .

ally these replys and not many names. did u go to asheligh school if so please leave your name and names of a few friends so we can possible put a face to your name.

Pauk Deakin. some friends Dave Morton, Andy Smith, Gordon Wild, Kevin Abbot, Gary Smith, pop haywood. i left in 1974.

Hello Sneaks, u ok mate.I`m still on the Valley on Blackstock.Other people u may know but have gone from your thoughts due to the passage of time.Mally Gillott Pete Barker,Micheal Burke,Martin Lyons,Dinky Dalton,Cossy (paul cossintino)Chris Wright,Big Fkn Big Tommo hahaha.To name a few where u living now?

My Friend Renee used to go out with Buttons, I think you might have gone out with another friend of mine Jonks, Gillian Clark? .....although perhaps not, she did go out with Keith Cheetham, "Cheddar" for a long time... where do you live in Spain? My mum lives out there.

I had Mr Tingle for Maths, Mrs Wingrove for music and Mrs Gears for Biology. I used to live on Ashleigh Avenue until 5 years ago, (the houses built on the lower school site) My bedroom window overlooked what was the top hockey pitch!

Hello u 2 long time know see.I`m still on Valley blackstock Rd

An Deb When did ur ma go to spain?

Shame he's passed but pleased to hear Mr Hughes had a good 'innings', he was always a very enthusiastic teacher and really tried to get me interested in more than the chart (plus Sixties; N Soul; Tamla etc.) stuff I listened to.

Mr. Tingle - I remember you, you always looked very smart. I believe I was a disappontment - especially after my older sister was such a swot! :) She was a prefect and won prizes (Enid Blyton books one such prize I believe) and was so much more well behaved than myself.

Friends I had at school :- Jayne Hiley; Sue Pinder; Lynne Murray; Lynne Gibson, Diane Palmer, Jane Winterbottom and Lots more but my memory not what it shoud be for names......

Edited by potlegs

hey advisor do you remember me (dave grayson)

Hi Potlegs

Not heard from you for a while. Hope you're keeping well. Saw your Val while out for a drink down Heeley a couple of weeks ago. I didn't say anything because I don't think she would have remembered me, much like yourself...lol.

Chris (The Spotswood Gang)..that doesn't sound very flattering does it?

Hi Chris - good to hear from you. Spotswood Gang sounds very 'Beano' - I like it! Hope you and yours doing well? :) x

Edited by potlegs