Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

'Jolly' sums him up, well done, he will be proud of that epitaph.

ally these replys and not many names. did u go to asheligh school if so please leave your name and names of a few friends so we can possible put a face to your name.

Pauk Deakin. some friends Dave Morton, Andy Smith, Gordon Wild, Kevin Abbot, Gary Smith, pop haywood. i left in 1974.

My husband went to ashleigh, left in 1982.

I'll try to think of a few names....they are names, not neccessarily mates...John Lees, Tony Cocker, Peter Knight, Mark Pinson, Peter Isaacs, Patrick Wilson, Denise Lyons, Julie Taylor, Susan Wilson and Yvonne Norton. Ring any bells?

Originally posted by Touche

I'll try to think of a few names....they are names, not neccessarily mates...John Lees, Tony Cocker, Peter Knight, Mark Pinson, Peter Isaacs, Patrick Wilson, Denise Lyons, Julie Taylor, Susan Wilson and Yvonne Norton. Ring any bells?

i only can recognise one name from the list that is yvonne norton alias. vonnie

Touche the people you mentioned were in my year (left 1976) Peter Knight was in my class Julie Taylor & Denise Lyons were in my set for something, housecraft or needlework I think! Other people in my class were David Lake Gill Clark Diane Hessey Martin Smith Julie Woodhead. My maiden name was Boulby. Does anyone remember Mr & Mrs Gears or Mr & Mrs Fyfe?

Debk, Thank you! Mr and Mrs Fyffe, I'd forgotten that Mr Fyffe had his wife as Deputy Head. Remind me, they did wear the black gowns and still had mortar boards didn't they? Mr Gears was my geography teacher. I always got on with him fine. I seem to remember him deserting and going to Hurlfield youth club. His wife, didn't she teach biology? Is was a cosy little set up come to think wasn't it? Mr Hargreaves, didn't he marry one of the chemistry teachers? I know your name. It sounds familiar, may I hazard a guess at Bartle or somewhere? I left in 1977 I think. We were jealous of David Lake as his dad had a BMW!

Yes David Lake left in year 5 I think to go to Silverdale (very posh) & I remember Mr Fyfe wearing the cap & gown. I was frightened to death of him when I had to tell him in the 6 weeks holidays that I was packing my A levels in after only one year as I had found a job!

Not Bartle, from outside the catchment area, Myrtle Rd at Heeley

Do you remember when they filmed Kes? Some of the older kids got paid as extras, I know they filmed us in assembly one at the lower school but I've not caught that bit on the film!

Other names; Johnathan Fountain, John Cockram, Jill Bramall, Robert Dyson....

I went to Ashleigh 1971 to 1978. I remember Mr. Fyfe wearing a cap and gown. Didn't realise his wife was the deputy head though. I remember Mr. Hill, Mr. Rogers and a rather short lady each wearing a cap and gown. Perhaps that was Mrs. Fyfe.

I think that Mr. Hargreaves married Miss Cru; she taught General Science to my class in the first year. We had a biology teacher called Mr. Sirs that married the RE teacher. There was also Dr. Richardson (chemistry), Mr. Pemberton (chemistry), Mr. Williams (maths), Mr. Green (English), Mr. King (French), Mr. Matson (geography),Miss Givens (English), Mrs. Moxon (history), Miss Morris (biology), Mr. Hunter (woodwork).

I recall some of the names mentioned by Touche and Debk - Mark Pinson, Martin Smith. I think they were in the year above me. I also remember Ian Guymer, Mary Butler, Martin Leary from that year.

From my year I recall Karl Priest, Andy Greaves, Julian Crookes, Nick Fletcher, Andy Briggs, Nigel Williams, David Palin, Jay Dorling, John Worrall, Chris Worrall, Julie Worrall, Jenny Bradbury, Trudy Worth, Beverly King, Karen Lancaster, Karen McGrath, Christine Howell, Caroline Shackleton.

I started at Ashleigh in '76 & left in May 1980 ... didnt do any 'O' levels so I was one of the first to leave. Names I remember .. Paul Morton, Robert Hatcher, Darren Deeley, & others . I enjoyed the Youth Club when in the lower school ..... Paul hiding some cigs in his socks & usually finished a pack of 10 before getting home .... good times

Look up the Central Technical school pages, you will see some familiar names!

Robert Dyson...Didn't he have fair curly hair? He was good at maths I think.