Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

Hi Craig,

I went to Ashleigh school from I think 1972 till 1978.I lived the last 18 years in Amsterdam Holland.

Started thinking more about the past since the birth of my son realised how much I had forgotten so now Ive started digging around in my past.

Dont have any family left excelpt one half sister so I am glad I found this site.Sad to hear that it doesnt exist anymore.

The teachers I remember were Mr Lambert I had him for German I liked him if you got him off the subject he would go off at a tanget made the lessons more fun.I paid no attention couldnt see the point of learning German years later Imarried a German woman:loopy:

Mr tingle who was that the name rings a bell.I had an economics teacher he was great teacher but very strict I got an olevel a minor miracle.

Got to go will write again soon.

Originally posted by SHarper

............Mr Hughes(very camp music teacher), ............

We had a very camp music teacher called mr hughes at our school too, (Birley Comp). He moved there about 87ish? always wore pinks shirts with a cream suit....

Hi again,

The time I was at ashleigh 72 to78 I had Mr Lambert as form teacher for a while.Does anyone remember him or know anything about him now.

Digging in my memory David Culver was in my class ring abell?

Ricardo Montici?

Timothy Pinda?

Robert Seaman?

Does anyone remember me for that matter Robert Green (Bobby)?

Does anyone have class photos I could get copys from

I will check in again soon.

Hello Craig, my brother went to Ashleigh, I think it was 1972 but he left in 1976because he had a bad accident . His nabe was Andy Proctor.. rmember him?:

I went to Ashleigh for one year (1974-75). Potts, Bolter and Higginbotham are all familiar names. How about Mrs Hanscome (spelling?) I think she was a science teacher. We also had a woodwork teacher called Williams (I think). He ran the local ATc and always called anyone who messed aroud a 'silly baby'.

Also our music teacher insisted on us listening to Minuetto Allegretto by the Wombles because it contained Mozart. Every Week!

My Mum and Dad did and left in approx '78 because my Mum conceived me! Oops!

Mr Lambert, he was the rather...large...french teacher wasn't he?

re Mr Lambert...I recall a certain Mark Haywood (hello Mark if you see this) calling him Mr Lamb but no bacon. Is was funny then due to the Monty Python influence. What about the 'half-period' classes with PE at the lower school and then having to leg it up to the lower school?

I have been away for a while.

But its nice to see people replying to my post.

I Remember people at that school, names below...

Pupils

Andy & Mick Handcock..(TWINS)

Steven Handcock..No relation to the above.

Adam Clicksby

All teachers mentioned above..

Love to meet up

I was quite at school but had a few mates...

I would love to know where Mick & Andy are????

I will reply again...

Thanks again for all posting

Hi Expat I went to Ashleigh school & left in 1976 I went to Anns Rd Junior school with Ivan Montci & I think my sister (Hazel Boulby) was in the same year as his brother Ricardo so you may know her

My brother went to Ashleigh 1980-84 and Mr Lambert was his languages teacher. Then I went to Myrtle Springs 1991-95 and the same Mr Lambert taught me in Spanish lessons. He was a lovely big, jolly man. I believe sadly he died a few years ago.

Oh heck, I'm sorry to hear about Mr Lambert....may he rest in peace...