Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

Originally posted by Touche

Does anyone have any memories of Ashleigh Comp on Gleadless Common from the 70s? Please, jog my memory!

remember them changing their dinner times and home times coz us roughy'uns from hurlfield kept beating em up:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

We used to finish school at 3.40 so we didnt clash with Hurlfield going home. What do you think of the name "Myrtle Springs" ??? sounds a bit of a snobby name to me.

Originally posted by pressy

We used to finish school at 3.40 so we didnt clash with Hurlfield going home. What do you think of the name "Myrtle Springs" ??? sounds a bit of a snobby name to me.

sounds very girly to me.......and did you know that myrtle was once a very common name for a certain part of a womans lower regions:o

I left trAshleigh in '81, there are other threads about it on here..

clash.......?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I left ashleigh in 1976, lived on norfok park in them days down at the bottom end (park spring drive) wonder if there is any more forum members from there. Great to hear from u if u was at ashleigh in 76.

i didn't go to ashleigh, but my mum did, and she left in 76. she was called Pam Dunstan.

and i work with someone who left in 77 i think, she was called di sollitt.

Times New Roman

I used to live on Seagrave and walked it, there were no people carriers then. Does anyone remember the Bungalow Stores on Gleadless Common? There was another shop just up from the New Inn, was it 'Brown's). The Punch Bowl chippy as well...

Myrtle Springs may sound snobby, but believe me, it isn't ;)

I was at Ashleigh from 76 - 80. remember one of the buildings was slowly sinking.

Do you know that there is a property developer building new houses on that site. And the school was pulled down due to sinking!!! I worry about househunters buying those properties. Hope they sorted out the sinking problem

My older brother was @ Ashleigh chool I think from 1981 - 1986.

I left Ashleigh in 1978...Potts, the music teacher, the camp one, we called him Wendy. Who was the geography teacher who seemed like someone out of Kes? The craft workshops were superb, there won't be anything now to match it. Mr Lord, Mr Jackson, Mr Bolan....