Ashleigh School - Did you go there?

And Andrew Phillips (mentioned earlier) telling everyone he was bisexual in about the third year. He was a huge David Bowie fan - the rest of us hadn't got a clue what he was talking about

Hi, chevysheff. i remember AP telling us that (I was in his form) and i knew what he was on about. I think most of the people we knew thought he was just saying it for dramatic effect - anyone know what happenned to him (or if he IS bi?!!! :D )

Alright, maybe a little artistic licence...! I met Andrew Wragg on Friends Reunited a few years ago and he'd kept in touch with Phillis for a while along with Chris Kynaston, Jeff Marsden (Marsh Hog), David Armstrong and, I think, Bob Eaton. Anyone else remember John Firth, Stephen Oates, William Ward, David Tofts, Andrew Bellamy, Andew Smith (smiffy), David Needham (Neenee), Russell Senior (not difficult) and Ian Hopkinson?

Anyone remember Judith Willis? She left in the mid to late 70's I'm trying to get in touch but can't find any trace of her so far.

I remember Judith Willis, though I don't know where she is now... last time I saw her must have been in the early 80's in town.

Oh come on. I was 14... She must be in her 70's now; bless 'er. Was it Mr Hunter with half a finger missing? I always think of him when I fire up a circular saw. I remember Mrs Hodgson the Biology teacher and her husband taking us to Muston in the 2nd Year for a weekend. Two things stood out; 1. asking her what the strange white things were that were washed up on the beach (Ryk Mayall's mice from the Young Ones) and 2. my mate laughing so much he couldn't speak when Mr Hodgson asked for a little sponk of extra gravy at the dinner table...

I remeber going to Muston a few times; the last time was in 75/6 when we went as part of our Art O'level.... I remember having to draw train lines ..... to learn about perspective! And being told that the old place use to be a undertakers cottage and workshop etc, which meant that d we were always scared that some of the old residents were going to come and visit us.

Alright, maybe a little artistic licence...! I met Andrew Wragg on Friends Reunited a few years ago and he'd kept in touch with Phillis for a while along with Chris Kynaston, Jeff Marsden (Marsh Hog), David Armstrong and, I think, Bob Eaton. Anyone else remember John Firth, Stephen Oates, William Ward, David Tofts, Andrew Bellamy, Andew Smith (smiffy), David Needham (Neenee), Russell Senior (not difficult) and Ian Hopkinson?

the only name i don't remember from that list is Ian Hopkinson...... the memory fails me on the faces of David Armstrong, David Needham, Andrew Smith.....(it was nearly 30 yrs ago!)...

other (male) names that my memory immediately associates with some of those names are Neville Gough, John Shirt, Barry Sowerby....oh god, it's late! A few other for the pot....... Mark Butler (Spudder), the Andrews Hodgson and Hutchinson, David McKay, Ant(hony Marketing) Hinchcliffe........no, i'm too tired for more. Now I'm wondering who YOU are, chevy!

Well you're presumably not one of the names we've mentioned...? lol

Did anyone leave in 1979? I remember a couple of names in some of the previous threads - but you know how it is with old age the memory goes a bit!!!!! Along with many other things!!!!

Most of the people in that list left in 1979. Andy Bellamy didn't because he left in '77 to join BRS as a truck fitter. He and I always finished last on the cross country at school! I bumped into him a few years ago and his wife had recently died. Such a nice guy - awful thing to happen. Ian Hopkinson got into HUGE trouble in 2E because he said Donny Osmond was 'crap'. "Do you know what that word MEANS? It means human excrement!!!". He was a member of the Air Cadets and wanted to get into the RAF; he couldn't get in - I think because of his eczema. Anyone remember Julie Hooton, Claire Barrett, Debra Leary (big crush on her!), Julie Bellamy, Julie Crapper and Elaine Jameson?

No, I'm not one of those we've listed....but I did leave in '79!

remember nearly all the girls names, some to add, not all left as late as 79 but were in my year .........Andressa (or Undress her, as we used to say, wittily........well, we thought it was witty) Freeston, Karen Smith (not mentioning crushes here!), Elaine Freeman (scared me for 5 years)........... Dawn Haslam, Sharon Parkin, Catherine Crocker...................... stopping for a memory trawl!

I used to be big mates with NeeNee, when I was going out with his mate Tony - havent seen him for many years - but I was probably 2 years below you gang

Did anyone leave in 1979? I remember a couple of names in some of the previous threads - but you know how it is with old age the memory goes a bit!!!!! Along with many other things!!!!

I wouldve left in 79 but stayed on a year.