Piccolo`s, the best Italian restaurant in Sheffield

I don't agree either I consider it expencive for what you get, as are most West Street eating places, try La Romantica London Road one of the old established Italian restaurents in Sheffield. Great chef who producers wonderful food. Calazones second to none, and fillet stake to die for and home made chips.

I'd love to know what folk reckon 'expensive' is when eating out. More than a tenner a head? Piccolo's is a little dearer than your average italian but I've had many a good meal there. It's worth a visit for the garlic bread alone.

However, I agree 100% that the upstairs leaves a lot to be desired. Someone said it's like a library. Actually it's worse than that, like sitting in a cold cupboard.

The service is normally excellent, the steaks magnificent (but these seem to have reduced in size over the last few years) and the wine selection (certainly for reds) impressive.

My only other criticism would be that it seems to be 'fries' with everything. Go early, get in the window when it's quiet but yes, be prepared to spend £50 between you (two).

i dont agree we had a party there the other week - we were all sat in different area of the restaurant , the food was expensive and the carbonara was bland and dry - not my idea of a good meal

think ive got picolinos and picolos mixed up - the one im on about is the one in the winter gardens

Piccolino's is by the Winter Gardens.

Piccolo's, long established on Convent Walk off West Street is a small restaurant run and owned by Jose Hassan (IIRC) and is NOT part of a chain like Piccolino's!

Next week, let's confuse Piccolino's, Piccolo's and Popolo in Leopold Square. Hey wait! Add Platillo's to the mix eh??