Worst Bus Route - 1st poll

Please Vote For The Worst Bus Route  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Please Vote For The Worst Bus Route

• 75&76
    • 47&48
    • Other

Thats quite a walk for me, especially in my boots :D Its not very nice up there anyway for someone on their own. I tend to catch the bus into town and then catch a tram or the 93 to Meadowhall. I sometimes walk up to the tram stop with my mates, because we can use the same ticket on both trams and it'll only cost us 35p to get all the way to Meadowhall :lol:

hehe :lol:

i tend not to go on buses anymore, they give me headaches :(

Guest Guest

To the two lads who have made comment`s about the route 53 Low Edges-Ecclesfield

(1) It is the LAW that all children between 9-16 (16-18 if they go to College ) have to show there pass to let them on for 35p, if you do not have it you WILL have to pay full fare, sorry but it`s the law.

(2) on the second point about change.

Bus drivers them self get pi***d off with the boses because we are only allowed to have a £2 float, we ask all passengers to have the right chang but we have all been in the situation where sometimes this is imposable to do.

The driver was out of hand to do what he did, but it would depend on what time you went for your bus?, if it was first thing in the morning then change is like gold at that time as is the time between 1pm-3pm when the afternoon staff come`s on, we have brought this issue up time and time again but the bosses will not take notice.

I myself drive mostly on the route 53 what i tend to do if iam low on change is ask the passenger where they are going eg Town, then I ask them if they would not mind seeing me then as by the time we get to Town i might have some change.

Hope this has answer your question?.

Mr Bus Driver

Mr Bus Driver,

Do you ever sit in the bus station with your door closed while people queue to catch your bus, then at departure time, just drive off, without opening the door to let passangers on?

I've seen that happen!

I saw that happen alot in Barnsley.

At the end of the day - if you are having a bad one and come across the idiots I see whilst shopping it is a wonder we don't have bus driver rage towards passengers!!

Moon Maiden

Guest Guest

Hello Andy.

There are 2 answer`s to your question.

(1) on route 53 the 2 areas for driver to change over is Flat Street or A4 platform, due to the attack`s on drivers we are not allowed anybody off or on when we are doing this, iam not sure what route you catch? but if a bus pulls up short of the bus stop Ie at flat Street it meens that there is to be a change of driver.

(2) if you are running for a bus i shall tell you now that the mirros on a bus are crap!, we have asked for blind spot mirros to be put on the left mirror so we can see passengers running for the bus, but yet again it a no-no from the bosses.

Hope you didn`t have to wait long for you next bus

Best Wishes

Mr Bus Driver

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Lightening the topic slightly...

It always makes me laugh(!) that people attempt to stand up before the bus stops and then go crashing from side to side. For example, some start standing up as you go over a round-a-bout ( :shock: )

Some people just never learn...

:?

I think with this that people are just frightened of missing their stop, I mean it has happened to me before many moons ago, the driver thought nobody was getting off and proceeded. Sometimes also bear in mind that the bus is so full that people are already stood up to start with.

Guest Mr BusDriver

:) How Long Did you have to wait for your bus this week?.

With Sheffield Bus drivers the lowest paid in the whole of First Group (About 165-00p/w) there is a large shortage of drivers.

Which is the Worst bus route in Sheffield and Why?.

:mad: 47/48 i waited on Gregg House Road for 25mins then three came at once..this ain't a one off it happens all the time

Guest Mr BusDriver
Originally posted by Jon

:mad: 47/48 i waited on Gregg House Road for 25mins then three came at once..this ain't a one off it happens all the time

Hello Jon

Im Sorry you had to wait 25mins (Not sure about the manament?)

The next time you are (hopefully) on a 47/48 have a look at the small timetables they (Sometimes) have on the buses, look at the back and it will tell you that you are so lucky as this is a turn up and go service.

I will let you fill in your feeling on that in your next post.

Best Wishes

Mr Bus Driver

41. Every 6 minutes my arse. Most mornings I can be standing waiting for 20 minutes at least.

i refuse to catch buses......they are never on time and the drivers are usually grumpy old sods...i am fortunate enough to live about 20 mins walk from town so i just leg it..if it happens to be a freezing wet night i have 2 choices, stand and wait at a bus stop for half an hour and pay £1.05 fare, or sit in the warmth of my front room wait for a taxi and pay 3 quid.........taxi for me every time.