Digging up Ecclesall Rd South

I can't believe it ! this road has JUST been resurfaced, it is the only road in Sheffield that is smooth and not like a Bulgarian cart track.

And now, the Incompetent buffoons are digging it up.

Why Why Why Why Why Why Are they so stupid ?

Its the lovely smooth bit between Dobcroft and Bents Road, think its called this, the road you would turn up to go to Silverdale.

Its cruel it was the only bit of road to be resurfaced properly. Abbey Lane was resurfaced like I butter toast.

I think it's Yorkshire Water who are digging it up again. They've been in an excavating frenzy in the area lately.

Yes Dizzy, They didn't do a proper job on Abbey Lane, just a bit of new Tar thrown over the old crap surface. Its like driving through Plovdiv.

I think it's Yorkshire Water who are digging it up again. They've been in an excavating frenzy in the area lately.
I don't think the utilities are allowed to dig up newly surfaced roads for a set period of time unless its emergency work.

I don't think the utilities are allowed to dig up newly surfaced roads for a set period of time unless its emergency work.

Keep an eye on this, they dug up Abbeydale Road South a few years back after it was re-tarmaced and made a right mess re-tarmacing it after they had finished:rant:, e-mail to streetforce at the ready;)

the bottom half of psalter lane is very nice?

And now the incompetent buffoons are digging it up.

Fear not - Tony Robinson and the Time Team have got just three days.

I noticed this last week when they were forcing people in to the (at the time) not-in-hours bus lane. Seemed to cause them confusion. Maybe once the work is done these folk will realise what hours the bus lane is in use and drive properly. Maybe the work will be done so that Sheffield's only decent road surface is put back properly. One can hope....

I doubt it, it is not possible to re-instate the road surface as it was, so more potholes and bumps.

I was walking down the street today, and found a road almost as bad as most in Sheffield, in Italy, it was only a small patch, the rest was OK, but it reminded me of home . . .