Looking For A Gym...

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this question, but I'm a student looking for a gym to join...

You see, I'm of a "fuller figure" and I am determined to lose the weight! I'm looking for a place to go and use the gym where I don't really feel out of place.

(For some reason I have got it in my head that gyms are full of god-like muscular people who look down on bigger people like me! Haha!)

I hear nice things about the place on Surrey St, anyone go there? The Fitness Club?

Oh, I should add that I'm looking for a place in S1 or as close as possible!

Thanks guys!

I'd either join your uni gym or there may be one at Bramall Lane, not sure if there's always been one or they added one with the hotel. Good luck!

^^ Thanks, I would join the Uni gym, but it is quite pricey, plus I'm kinda embarrassed about exercising infront of my uni friends...

I know it's strange, but I am a woman afterall - we're good at being strange!

I don't think you'll find a gym for regular use which works out cheaper for students than the Uni gym. But good luck with it.

Try this

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=368168

A workout that will blitz the celulite.

Stomach excersises, which are ideal for getting rid of the baby belly, or even the beer belly.

If you are prepared to sacrifice one hour each week of your time you will see a real difference.

If you do 4 sessions, then its £12 saving you a small fortune compared to the gym.

Class not on tomorrow, as Lib Dems are in the room. Back to normal next week (25th Nov)

The one above the graduate, opposite the crucible is great value, even cheaper if your a student i think!

Thats where i go, great value, and it never seems to be too busy!

The one above the graduate, opposite the crucible is great value, even cheaper if your a student i think!

Thats where i go, great value, and it never seems to be too busy!

Great, yeah it's only £10 a month!

I was thinking of joining that one, I'll take a look around tomorrow.

Could you tell me the type of people go there? I mean, is it mainly younger, studenty types or middle aged types?

Odd questions, I know :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone!

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this question, but I'm a student looking for a gym to join...

You see, I'm of a "fuller figure" and I am determined to lose the weight! I'm looking for a place to go and use the gym where I don't really feel out of place.

(For some reason I have got it in my head that gyms are full of god-like muscular people who look down on bigger people like me! Haha!)

I hear nice things about the place on Surrey St, anyone go there? The Fitness Club?

Oh, I should add that I'm looking for a place in S1 or as close as possible!

Thanks guys!

jim davidson ,jim"ll fix it ,jimmy nail ?

^^ Funny, but you forgot the Bowen AND the Saville!

Major points deducted!

Now sit in the corner and think about what you have done!

Ergh, Jim Davidson is enough to put you off your food, might help afterall :)

Hi there we are offering a Free demo on our vibro gym guaranteed to lose weight come down to see Claire on 0114 258 2559 we are a day spa too, but we also have a fitness instructor, yoga classes & pilates, pole dance, burlesque and no membership fees.

I was a member of Fitness Club for 3 years but I've recently changed location so I canlt go in my lunch times anymore.

I'd definately recommend the Fitness Club mainly because of the atmosphere and ambience at the club. The couple that run the club are extremely friendly, patient and make an effort to know everyone by the first name etc.

The types that go are 40 year old office types (male and female) and your young 20 year old uni students. There's always a good atmosphere, all shapes and sizes, all age groups with no big body builders or dodgy criminal looking types.