'Free' WiFi??? Puzzled..

only if you connect to THEIR wifi connection

not sure on mobiles but i know on windows you can select from a list of available connections so you could just slect the o2 one and use what you pay for.

or you could use a found starbucks one and use that...but youd have to pay for it

Ok thanks mell.

Basically, if I'm near a free WiFi hotspot, or just want to check my email at home without booting the PC up, I can log on for free via my WiFi connection without O2 charging me?

I'm not sure if I'd use the WiFi much other than at home to be honest but I could always add/remove the WiFi bolt on if I needed to.

Thanks for all your replies.

Snow x

Now the next question :)

If they've said that my phone package comes with totally free internet access (excluding WiFi) on the phone, how does that work? Wap connection? GPS?

I know Blackberry don't use 3G on this model.

Their wifi package does not cover all WiFi! o2 have a deal with The Cloud and BT Openzone to provide their hotspots free of charge - it doesn't include non direct BT openzone hotspots either (eg Starbucks use BT Openzone for their hotspots but they are not included as it is starbucks branded)

The unlimited internet addon is £7.50 and to my mind, much better value since you can get access pretty much anywhere :thumbsup:

Hi

I've got this phone and contract and the £7.50 is for unlimited internet access. The phone does have wifi connectivity and if you connect via this then you are not using the mobile internet. Wifi is therefore free but as you can't get wifi everywhere then you would have to use the mobile network etc and so pay for that.

Hope this makes a bit more sense, if you want to ask anything else you know where I am.

Leigh x

The only FREE wifi i've ever found is McD's. Startbucks charged me last time i used their connection. £5 for 30 minutes i think.

Jesus!!!!! that £5 probably paid their months broadband bill!