Why do men get called 'love' here?

Im born and breed in sheffield now for 21 years and is it me or do men call men "LOVE"

Someone from liverpool who i work with asked me why do people say that for in sheffield?

What do you people think do we?

Sheffield is the only place on Earth where men call each other love! Its quircky and I love it!

In Chesterfield men call each other duck, so it could be worse!

I have also known men in SOuthport to call each other love. It's dieing out a bit as it's more a thing for the older generations.

Calling each other 'luv' owns, it's well better than calling each other wan*er like down south ;)

I've never hear a guy call another guy luv though, always women between themselves and women to men.

Its because were all closet gays didnt you know?

No its just a local thing we know we are straight ,just those not from around here might get worried.:heyhey:

Lol I never call anyone "love" - its a granny thing, or a shop assistant thing lol. No offence guys, but I do a lot of shopping and I get called it a lot!

What really does get me is when people call me "darling"... Like customers say "thanks darling..." ARGHHHH! Only my Mum/Dad/Grandparents and Boyfriend can call me that!

Hello DARLING how are you today lol,only joking.:hihi:

Guest unners

When i was driving my little Bus i used to get called Love Amongst other things!It was mainly the older generation who used the term.

I have started to use the term myself now and i hate it,Must be old age setting in.

Originally posted by royjames

No its just a local thing we know we are straight

royjames - speak for yourself my old friend! Remember, some of us in Sheffield are actually gay.

This use of the word 'love' , as an address, was recently discussed on another thread. I've tried a search, but can't find it. Kristian - come along lad, you've got the necessary skills. Help us out here.....where's the other thread found?

hey live and let live as far as gays go,thats my way.

Aint seen you on the other site lately rob?

Note Please use Private Messaging or e-mail for one to one messages...

Night love, I'm off to bed :)