Vista or XP which one do you think is better

Vista provides a better gaming experience, runs more efficiently, will be more secure, and much more stable than XP.

Is XP not very stable or secure then, Rick?

Some User add a little RAM to their PC and Vista will run better

<mischievous hat>

I have 640k of memory. That should be enough for anyone, right?

</mischievous hat>

Used vista today on a mate's laptop. Lost wifi connection for no visible reason and couldn't get it back up again, I'm not a dunce but vista really doesn't make it easy to sove problems, they hide all the "options" behind a dummy screen and offer you endless "useless" diagnostics etc... Me and my flatmate (both well versed in computers) tried to force it into submission but NOPE. Tried options on at least 3 totally different windows all perporting to do the same thing... Still, passes the time!

Stable... My arse :-p Don't believe that windows outreach guy, vista isn't going to sovle any of your windows problems... After all, it's still windows!

I just tested it.

I closed the PC laptop lid and waited a few seconds for it to shut down.

Opened lid again and clicked a key and 10secs later all was working again.

Thinking about it a bit more - Hibernation is different to Sleep and takes a bit longer to get going again as it's a different process.

Cheers - sounds much better than it was - although the laptop I had from ork was rubbish, so that might not have helped - I seemed to spend a third of my working day waiting for it to go on and off standby!

XP easily. Vista sucks balls.

lol

I have great problems with a HP Laserjet6MP connected to a NET DIRECT box with Vista, poo. I've ended up having one of my PC's on XP pickup the printer and share it for Vista compatibility. What a pain, sharing a share of a network share :gag:

works over the other 5 Vista PC's mind :thumbsup:

Vista is a real pain...........at least I got accustom to XP over the years. Have Vista for about 4 weeks now and every week is another issue.

About 3 months ago i decided to treat myself to a high end laptop to replace my 4 year old xp tower, It has twice the processing power three times the memory and a 200 gig hard drive But it came pre installed with vista home premium not the xp pro i was comfortable with. The laptop now has a nasty habit of blackscreening me on a regular basis whilst on the net... I have had it checked out by the manufacturer as the retailler couldnt find anything wrong with it, all they could come up with is, it must be a glitch in the operating system and microsoft will be releasing patches for it shortly.. some help when you are half way through downloading files and it turns itself off !! i'm seriously considering saving everything to my seagate external hd and re booting the sodding thing with my registered copy of xp pro... better the devil you know eh ???

I have both Vista on the laptop and XP on the desktop - like both - it really is a case of what you get used to. I thought Vista was a nightmare at first but I persevered and now have no problem.

Hey Kmps, It looks like your PC will be more than enough to handle Vista. If you’re interested I am including a link to a performance and Tuning guide that you can read and it will really help you maximize your Vista and help you understand the Features that it offers. You can find it over at this link. www microsoft com/downloads/details. It’s free to all if anyone else wants it as well.

good luck.

Rick

to buy a copy of xp costs £148 and from what i understand vista is now ok