11th of the 11th

and a big thank you from me to all who have served and to those who still serve in the forces

Maybe we could have a two minute break from using the forum at 11am?

Maybe we could have a two minute break from using the forum at 11am?

Yep Ill be in with that

And me, and hearing more from the last three WW1 survivors

I'd just like to take this opportunity, as the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month approaches us, to post a link to this very worthy appeal.

http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/

The appeal is still falling somewhat short of it's fundraising target of £50,000.

You may disagree with the war in Iraq, but it's only due to the bravery and sacrifice of past generations that you have the freedom to express that opinion.

I can think of no better way to honour our fallen soldiers, than to support those who are putting their own lives on the line at this very moment.

Here is a link to the justgiving appeal; and I ask you to at least look at this, and if you can find it in yourself to make a small donation to this (imho) worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/supportoursoldiersxmasparcelappeal2008

The aim of Support Our Soldiers is to provide support for our serving men and women, and their families at home. This is done in every practical way possible including writing to deployed personnel, sending morale boosting welfare packages (throughout the year as well as at Christmas), helping those recovering from injuries, raising welfare issues and providing support and guidance to family members.

If you're new to the site, we're very pleased to welcome you on board! Those of you with a family member serving in the Armed Forces can be sure you're amongst friends as we already have lots of wives, girlfriends, mums, dads, grandparents, children and siblings checking in. All of them know just how hard it can be when your loved one's away from home and will share the ups and the downs whenever they're called upon to do so.

We have a very active Message Forum which is updated almost by the minute so do check this out and feel free to join in the discussions.

In 2008 we hope to do all we can to provide support and encouragement for all members of our Armed Forces and of course we encourage you to do the same!

"They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, not the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them"

"They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, not the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them"

Well said.